NSV that I can finally post! Lost weight to gain baby weight

Options
After 3 years of trying to conceive, I have had two losses of three babies. One early and one later in the first trimester, after seeing a heartbeat. At that time, was at my heaviest weight, being almost two years ago, two years since my last positive pregnancy test. My goal has been to lose this weight so that I can gain baby weight. It did not come easy to start, but some how I finally did in March of this year. Slowly I started doing more and then found MFP. I was in the middle of the 30 day shred when I was shocked by seeing two pink lines on a pregnancy test! I had lost about 37 lbs and was feeling great, enough to keep working out till I had to stop due to small issues that made me not want to chance anything. I have since lost a few lbs and been able to maintain my current weight. Which is odd, because I have gained some inches in the belly and breasts! Right before I found out, I hit my first big goal weight, that was my prepregnancy weight from 2006! At least 50 lbs gone and I plan on keeping it that way. Part of me wonders if that extra weight was the reason I could not carry my twins a few years ago.

I can finally feel okay with posting my NSV at time as we have seen/heard the heartbeat at 8 weeks!! I hope to keep up my healthy habits although morning sickness makes all cardio a no go at the moment, but I try to swim when I can. I also try to watch what I eat and how much. :) I still am not out of the danger zone, but feel I am so much farther than where I have been in a long time.

I wanted to post for those that may be on the same road I have been on. With PCOS, losing weight is hard enough and getting pregnant can be even harder. What is kinda funny, I cant wait to be able to start my working out again and get through the entire shred. It may be a few months postpartum, but I WILL DO IT!! :D I know I can do it!!

Replies

• hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's so fantastic!!! Good luck with the morning sickness thing. Keep eating healthy and exercising for you and your baby :)
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    ~*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*~

This has been the best post I've read all day!! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy the ride, and journal your pregnancy ... you'll love to have it for the future!! Again, congrats not only on the pregnancy, but for everything you've achieved!!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    There's really no words to describe how awesome this NSV is, so I'll just stick with everyone else and say CONGRATS!!!!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! That is such an awesome thing!!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    congrats on the baby!. I too suffer from PCOS...praying that this baby is healthy...
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Being a Mom is the best thing I've ever done. I pray the pregnancy will be a healthy and wonderful experience for you. You may want to check out Lindsay Brin. She has great workouts for during and after pregnancy. She just had her third child and has blogged her weight gains and losses with each pregnancy. I'm currently on day 48 of her 60-day slimdown postnatal program and I've lost 13 pounds and way more inches.
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Just wait until the baby arrives and you get to lose weight easily and effortlessly just by nursing - the easiest weight loss plan around :)
  • lauraparr
    lauraparr Posts: 112
    Options
    awwwww CONGRATULATIONS!! XXXX
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    congratulations. hope you have a healthy pregnanacy
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! here's to a happy, healthy and uneventful 7 months! :)

please don't assume blame for your miscarriages... they were not your fault, and weren't due to your weight. I had a loss myself and I looked for any reason to blame myself... but then got PG (at 283 lbs) and had my son.

keep up the healthy life changes - and check in here! :)
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    It was such a blessing to read your story! I am on the same mission (with a few more obstacles plus my weight) and praying for great results! I will be praying that all stays well with your pregnancy! God Bless!
  • JDArrant
    JDArrant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    YAY! CONGRATS! I'll be keeping you and your little one in my thoughts. I know that once your precious baby is here you'll jump right back on track and kick that Shred's butt:)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! Seems like whenever I lose a little weight a baby wants to pop inside my uterus. lol I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!