Keto Beginners

Options
ResaB4
ResaB4 Posts: 4 Member
Hello! My name is Cheresa. I'm not actually "new" to keto per say. I lost 30lbs last year using a ketogenic diet. I'm here again 40lbs heavier after realizing that Keto is a lifestyle. I'm on week 3 and down 11lbs. Hoping to be down to my goal weight of 199 by my birthday in October and my ultimate goal of 150 by summer 2020. How long have you been doing keto? What have you loss so far, how long have you been doing it, and What is your ultimate goal?

Replies

• ResaB4
    ResaB4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm new to Keto. I just started..I'm on day 5 and so far I'm down 14lbs. YES...I SAID 14lbs. I really am surprised by the number on the scale...Its very hard to believe. But, I do have a lot of weight to lose. I started at 400lbs. I don't have a goal weight as of yet. I'm just trying to get off my first 100lbs.....However, I love this lifestyle so far. I don't feel deprived and I am shocked at the many recipes as well as copycat recipes of some of my favorite foods the keto way offers.

14lbs?! That's awesome! Congratulations! Where are you getting your recipes from?
  • patrifour
    patrifour Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's really inspiring, can you share your keto diet plan? And I have a question can we drink cow whole milk as a dinner option in keto? Thanks
  • kaaitken2012
    kaaitken2012 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to keto and on day 5 of my first week. I haven't found it that difficult so far and no hunger at all. what do people usually lose in the first week obviously 14lb is incredible well done, I just dont want to expect to higher number. thanks
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did keto....and paleo....and intermittent fasting...and basically any popular diet. They are all cyclical because its super restrictive and it will eventually just break your will power and you will rebel. Sounds like what happened to you last time. What makes you think it will be different this time?

Through a painful iterative process it finally dawned on me that simple fact is: each of these diets work as they inevitably put you in a calorie deficit.

Eat what you like but just control your intake. It has to be sustainable or you will do what I did which is yo-yo for 10 years.

You already know what the healthy choices are: meat, veg, fruit, nuts, seeds. Try and eat this for +80% of your diet and allow just enough treat foods to keep you from feeling you arent living on a restrictive 'lifestyle diet'. Live in a small deficit so its not too punishing.

Slow and steady always wins the race.

P.s Sorry this doesnt address your question. I just wish someone told me sooner.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    patrifour wrote: »
    That's really inspiring, can you share your keto diet plan? And I have a question can we drink cow whole milk as a dinner option in keto? Thanks

@patrifour

I was shocked that milk has added sugars. I started using half and half instead of milk. I've read that others thin out half and half by adding water. But, I don't mind the consistency of half and half as is .