Looking for support/friends who are counting calories

Options
Hi, I'm a 39 year old single mom of 2. I'm currently at a BMI of 30, which is on the low end of the obesity range. I would like to lower my body fat and probably lose at least 40 pounds, if not more. I am a nutrition and wellness student, so I am not lacking in knowledge, but I am having a really hard time getting my eating behavior under control. My typical pattern for many months has been to eat fairly well throughout the day, and then binge at night and ruin my progress, usually due to stress or emotional eating, and sometimes due to boredom or bad habits watching TV and snacking.

I have managed to regularly exercise for all of 2019, which is encouraging, and I have lost about 10-12 pounds just from that. But I really feel frustrated and want to make more progress. I don't normally track on MFP, but if there is anyone who is counting calories and aiming for general good nutrition with a few non-nutritious items now and then, and you would like to try to help motivate each other along the way, I would really appreciate giving and receiving support. I would really like to try to lose at least 20 pounds by the time I graduate in December and hope that maybe doing it with other people will give me the boost that I need.

Replies

• starpoweractivate
    starpoweractivate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sure, let's be friends. I've had a similar situation with doing well during the day with my work routine, but mess everything up in the evening. Though I have been doing better recently even with adding a few "treats" into the mix this far.
  • rebeccawynne
    rebeccawynne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting back on MFP. I always lose weight when I log food and I find it a challenge to log. I'm sitting around 178 and would like to drop to no lower than 156...I need to stay in my weight class for powerlifting but want to lean out some without losing strength. I made some friends before but they come and go. I think it really helps a lot. I'm 40. Great job with your exercise this year, btw! I'm going to send you an invitation. Rebecca
  • benn8895
    benn8895 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Please add me!
  • ChicaHope
    ChicaHope Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could have written that. Evenings are the worst for me. I got in amazing shape in my 20's, then I had two kiddos and kept about 30 lb from each pregnancy. I know what to do and how to do it, but I just need to actually do it and I think some accountability and encouragement will help
  • bayhans
    bayhans Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m in a similar situation, but it’s the weekends that ruin it for me! I can stay on track Monday-Thursday, but Friday-Sunday I tend to throw out my progress. I’m looking for the same kind of eating lifestyle: mostly healthy with a few “bad” foods in between. I need treats, otherwise I’ll go crazy! :)
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Add me :)
  • mdykstra37
    mdykstra37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing well for the first month and lost about 10 Ibs. Now it has gotten really hard. I do great throughout the day but when it is night time I always get a craving for chocolate. I usually give in. I don't have much will power. Maybe having more support would help.
  • shiffy987
    shiffy987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I can relate!
  • dizzyshelly
    dizzyshelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go through fits and starts. One week I’m overly motivated and manage to find time to fit in 30 mins walks everyday. The following week nothing 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • mooface00
    mooface00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me (: been doing this for 2 months now and looking to continue through the motivation of friends
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,785 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me....active here. Open diary n always looking for motivated friends.🤩
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need motivation.