Groundhog Day

Options
I make the same mistakes. Over and over. I make the same poor choices. Over and over. I get frustrated, I quit, I stop logging in, I kick the can down the road.

How can I think about something SO MUCH but put absolutely no work in? It doesn't make sense. Right?

Anyway, I'm here. So there's that. Despite my best efforts to self sabotage, I'm here. SO anyway, again, if you want to be friends and ride the roller coaster that is my weight loss, add me!

Replies

• tricia6206
    tricia6206 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - at the risk of sounding cliche "If at first you don't succeed try, try, again." I could have written your post. I am staring at my bday on Saturday...marking another year where I wasn't going to be my slim wonderful self but rather this weight laden maiden...so don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day...spread your sunshine onto others and believe that it shines on you too! What you do for yourself today will become a treasure for you tomorrow :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    The key is indeed to not quit.

A couple of quotes from a relevant article I am reading this morning:
    "Everyone wishes to elevate their life and in association, their happiness. For us to reach these top tiers, we cannot hope for this to just happen. We must expose ourselves to various inputs that may lead to better outputs, and train ourselves to recognize what’s working."

"continuously surround yourself with new environments and people, and ...focus on slow, but steady compounding"

Here are a couple of my favorite resources, which may be helpful to you:

Article: Motivation: The Scientific Guide on How to Get and Stay Motivated

Video: Atomic Habits: How to Get 1% Better Every Day - James Clear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_nzqnXWvSo
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Try to keep your plan as simple as possible to make it easier to stick to - no aggressive goals, no unnecessary rules. Aim for 1 lb per week, log consistently, hit your calorie goal, move more.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

:drinker:
  • liaoverbrook
    liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I find that if i only think about it, I can't fail by not doing it or messing up at it. I think i'm one of those people who are so scared to try that I never do and I know there's that saying about you don't know until you try but when your mind throws up 10000 different horrible consequences, scenarios, and possibilities it's hard to overcome anything

I am glad you're here and trying, I hope you find a reason/mind set / anything to keep at it :)
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that every day doesnt have to be perfect, log even when something goes astray and it will become part of your life.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I would venture to guess that most, if not all of us, on this forum recognize the pain in your post, the frustration, the dash of despair and the plain old pissed off-ness of your current situation. I know I do. Everyone's "why" is different. Here are some of the thoughts that have kept me on track this time: I am getting damn old. Fast. I must get this weight off if I am going to squeeze every ounce of life out of this gig. Food as Fuel not fun. Being obese was hard. Losing weight ended up not being hard compared to my obesity. There are no magic words as you know, that will change the course you are on. Be lifted that you are not an anomaly....you can change your body but your mind needs changed first.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You're way too good looking to fail at this! 😉

We're here to support you through the process. Fill out the food diary. That's the hardest part.
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How do I add you?. Your words resonate
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Welcome back 🙂