Hungry Girl

Options
Does anyone follow this website? I have tried, but it doesn't appar to me she really counts sugar grams at all.

Replies

• tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Options
    I've seen her last 3 shows. It seems to me she just counts calories and fat grams.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    she uses too my of artificial foods, like fat free sour cream or mayo, it is mostly full of crap, just use plain fat free yogurt. plus she loves sugar free, and I am generally avoid anything with fake sugar. no bueno for our bodies.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've only seen a couple shows and been on the web a bit, have bought her cookbook (300 under 300). I agree, don't think she counts sugar. I'm on the fence about her, on one hand, i totally appreciate the idea of making sinful things less cals so we can still indulge, but i have to say that most of her stuff is basically comprised of unhealthy processed ingredients....so i'm putting her in the "when i need a fix cause i really want to have something i used to love without blowing my weight loss" category and giving her the boot when it comes to being " healthy". Her approach seems weight loss, not overall health (and no offense, but she kinda doesn't even look healthy to me).
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tend to agree. I am really trying to kick the artificial stuff. I have been using it for so long, so it is kind of tough. I am trying to shop more organic and fresh fruits and veggies.....
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any of her sweets. She does rely heavily on fake foods, so if that bothers you, probably move on. But, I have made some of her entrees and they were really good and had good ingredients. I like to find entrees that you can eat a large portion and have the calorie count low. She puts veggies into dishes to make it seem like you're getting more meat, but are really getting mostly veggies. Most of my favorite entrees have this feature, and she does a good job on that front.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any of her sweets. She does rely heavily on fake foods, so if that bothers you, probably move on. But, I have made some of her entrees and they were really good and had good ingredients. I like to find entrees that you can eat a large portion and have the calorie count low. She puts veggies into dishes to make it seem like you're getting more meat, but are really getting mostly veggies. Most of my favorite entrees have this feature, and she does a good job on that front.

Oh that's good to know! I will totally look out for that. I do love having a cookbook with three hundred options of meals under 300 cals!