Mixing Gym wear brands

liaoverbrook
liaoverbrook Posts: 108 Member
Any thoughts on mixing brands with gym wear?

Just ordered a lot of stuff in the JD sport sale and wanted thoughts on whether its the 'done' thing to mix say, pink soda with adidas or do you prefer/is it the norm to pair the same brand all the way through?

Replies

• Rachel61999
    Rachel61999 Posts: 2 Member
    I used to care about mixing my nike leggings with my adidas sneakers until I realized i really don't care and no one even notices or cares either. I just care if I'm comfortable.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I wear whatever I grab first... Only time I put some thought into it is when I'm teaching muay Thai cos I make sure I wear uniform gym top. I'd hate to think people would judge my mismatched branded/nonbranded gym clothes.
    Although I'm working towards being able to fit into my gladiator skirt (muay Thai shorts) that I bought while pregnant and unable to train. I might try to match that with the right top.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I never payed any attention to if I was or wasn’t mixing brands. I just look at if the clothes match or not and sometimes don’t care too much about that. I don’t notice others’ brands of workout clothes either. It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care...
    If it bothers you to mix brands don’t do it. There will always be some people who notice that stuff and form a judgement one way or the other and the people who don’t care won’t even notice.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i give no f's about mixing brands
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    It mattered to me when I was younger, not now. Starting out at freight weight, after gaining so much, it was more about what fits and was comfortable. Frankly, I still don't care about mixing it up.

• liaoverbrook
    If this is an honest concern for you, you should probably just stay home.

fanks so much for your advice !! will totally just cancel my membership now :)))
  • liaoverbrook
    I prefer not to wear all one brand anything...mainly stick with gym shark tops (longline/tall athletic cut is pretty damn hard to find) & adidas or puma track pants/board shorts. Minimal logos...just because I can't stand marketing/free advertisement (reminds me waaaay to much of work)

Thanks so much for this, I'm new to the gym and I feel like sometimes it shows and that makes me self conscious haha
  • Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just wear the same exact thing everyday to the gym:

richardsimmons-costume.jpg

😍😅😘
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I'm having trouble understanding why the brand matters at all. Wear what you're comfortable exercising in. Period. ☺
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    When they start paying me to advertise I will start caring what logo is on my clothes.

This! I will be Nike/Champion/Puma wtf ever from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet!

...for a small fee and free clothing.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Wow.... I'd never be organized enough to match brands, there are days that my colors don't even match... it's not real high on my list of things to give a rip about. I'd be surprised if anyone cares.