Cellulite

Options
Spoilascanb
Spoilascanb Posts: 40 Member
edited June 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I need help. Am restarting my healthy kick, but I have very bad cellulite in my legs and butt! What is the key to limiting cellulite with exercising?

Replies

• HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    With enough fat loss, in time, it will look better.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is genetic. It may get better as you lose weight, and it may not. There's not much you can do to target cellulite specifically.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751544/thigh-dimples/p1

This^^^

One of my best female friends is a competitive cyclist and she lifts weights as well. She is very lean and has six pack abs and is overall pretty shredded...still has cellulite...still hot AF.
  • Spoilascanb
    Spoilascanb Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I made a post abythis earlier and someone directed me to this post. I am frustrated. I have never had cellulite in my legs and butt as I do now. I am jyst restarting my healthy kick, but it frustrating!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am at a healthy weight, commute by bike, and go to Crossfit 4x week. I still have cellulite on my thighs.

I was very ill about ten years ago and got down to 122 pounds (I'm 5'9"). Cellulite looked the same.

• sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I swim twice a week , never had cellulite,blessed my good genes, then I got fat and stopped swimming and suddenly there it was. Kickstarted the new regime...
  • joannfitness64
    joannfitness64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any of the heat/radio frequency treatments? Not cheap but I’m trying to look my best for summer 2023
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this year and have noticed an up-tick, and I'm a relatively healthy weight but wanting to trim a little for the sake of my clothes not fitting well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any of the heat/radio frequency treatments? Not cheap but I’m trying to look my best for summer 2023
    Expensive and only a temporary fix. You CANNOT get rid of cellulite because it's a structure in your cells due to genetics. You CAN lessen the appearance if you lose some body fat, BUT that's not guaranteed because there are even lean people who have cellulite even at a normal body weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Here’s my response on a similar thread from a year ago (can’t be bothered to re type it):

Visually you can disguise it with dry body brushing (plumps the skin out a bit) and fake tan (helps to hide the dimples). Losing fat reduces the amount of fat which can push through your epidermis but ultimately, it’s genetic. Cellulite is just the appearance of your fat layer under your skin pushing through the matrix of your skin. Women are more prone then men (although men get it too) and from memory i think it’s to do with our hormone make up and skin elasticity. Good camera angles and lighting also helps enormously when taking pictures!

So in a nutshell there are no “cures” - even those medical procedures which destroy the fat cells haven’t had great reviews. Losing fat really helps, but as a woman you need a certain level of fat for correct hormone function. And if you are susceptible to cellulite, it’s going to be there.

I have big muscly quads - and you should see the dimples on the backs of my legs!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    A few years back I lost a lot of weight, I had cellulite, but over time (about a year after loss) it did greatly diminish in my thighs and tummy. Gotta give your body a chance to catch up sometimes. Lose the weight then worry about the aesthetics. Health first!