Hello

Options
I just joined this site and hope that it will help guide me to losing weight and getting in shape. I am 48 years old and very overweight. I hurt my back 8 years ago and had to walk with a cane for 8 months which needless to say caused a lot of depression which led me to lay on my couch and eat while I felt sorry for myself.

30 months ago I quit smoking...something I never thought I could do but did. I am so proud of accomplishing that task, however I did not do it without gaining a whole lot more weight.

Yesterday I went to the doctor and she prescribed Meridia. I was very unsure about taking diet pills, however, I have reached the point where something has to be done. I have tried dieting and exercising, however, how much exercise can you do when you are this size and your knees, ankles and feet hurt so bad from all the excess weight. What a viscious circle.

We recently booked a cruisetour to Alaska for next summer. I have never been on a cruise so I am really looking forward to going, however, I would really like to be in better shape so I can enjoy the trip more. It really give me something to work for if I could only get the weight to start coming off.

I am really hoping that this site will give me the support I need to get me started down the right road.

Replies

• coffee39
    Options
    I just joined this site and hope that it will help guide me to losing weight and getting in shape. I am 48 years old and very overweight. I hurt my back 8 years ago and had to walk with a cane for 8 months which needless to say caused a lot of depression which led me to lay on my couch and eat while I felt sorry for myself.

30 months ago I quit smoking...something I never thought I could do but did. I am so proud of accomplishing that task, however I did not do it without gaining a whole lot more weight.

Yesterday I went to the doctor and she prescribed Meridia. I was very unsure about taking diet pills, however, I have reached the point where something has to be done. I have tried dieting and exercising, however, how much exercise can you do when you are this size and your knees, ankles and feet hurt so bad from all the excess weight. What a viscious circle.

We recently booked a cruisetour to Alaska for next summer. I have never been on a cruise so I am really looking forward to going, however, I would really like to be in better shape so I can enjoy the trip more. It really give me something to work for if I could only get the weight to start coming off.

I am really hoping that this site will give me the support I need to get me started down the right road.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do it Coffee. The hardest thing is starting and making it a new way of life. It takes time but if you want it you can do it. I have been here for a few months now. You can find the encouragement you need here and if you put everything down that you eat you will see the truth of how your eating makes you feel.

Good luck!
    Eve