Something to drink other than water?

Options
I have no problem drinking just water, and my husband does throughout the day, but in the evening when he gets home he'd like to drink something else without carbs/sugar. Any ideas?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I drink coke zero, or sparkling water in a wine glass with a lime. You could also get an infuser and make fruit infused iced tea!
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    tea, coffee, iced tea, sparkling water and diet soda are your basic options.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I have little Mio squirt bottles laying around for when I get bored with water.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee, diet soda, sugar free instant drink mixes, low calorie fruit juice drinks, fruit infused or otherwise flavored water. I drink a lot of iced tea.
  • DarkNightBrightDays
    DarkNightBrightDays Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Water enhancers are my fav, Mio or Fit & Active from Aldi. If I fancy something fizzy I'll occasionally have some American Clear, their pineapple and coconut with ice is lush on a hot summer evening.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My H and I both try to only drink water during the day and like to have something different with dinner. We like unsweetened tea or you could do a tea with artificial sweetener if that's your jam. Also, for something fizzy, we really like the Zevia sodas which are sweetened with Stevia.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Diet soda or diet tea. For summer, Lipton Green Tea with lemon is really refreshing. My husband likes a mix of orange tea and lemon tea. In winter, I like hot tea. We used to do a lot of Crystal Light drink mixes when backpacking, but somehow not so much when we are home.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    This comes up regularly and I always chime in with: Sodastream. Make your own soda with your own flavorings. In the US, you can buy the device and replace the cartridges at Staples.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I bought a Cirkul water bottle. You buy flavored cartridges for it. I love it.
    www.drinkcirkul.com
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Tea - lots of options, especially when you get into green, herbal, fruit flavours.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Clear American from Walmart is really good. My favorites are the pineapple coconut (which seems to not be carried anymore) and tangerine mango. HEB has their own brand of sweetened 10 cal(whole bottle) clear soda. I like the strawberry and the cran-raspberry.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Tea -- heaps of choice there! Hot and cold
    Diet soft drinks

If you're in North America you can get Nestea and Crystal Lite little flavour things ... you squirt them into your water.

If you're in Australia and the UK (I think), there's diet cordial, similar to those Nestea/Crystal Lite things.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, diet soda, low cal Gatorade, low cal orange juice, skim milk.
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This comes up regularly and I always chime in with: Sodastream. Make your own soda with your own flavorings. In the US, you can buy the device and replace the cartridges at Staples.

Yeah. I own a restaurant so I kinda have my own as a part of the Coke machine. It breaks the monotony.

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love seltzer water. I buy the plain Polar Brand but there are others like LaCroix, etc. Zero calories, no nothing - only carbonated water. If I'm feeling crazy I will add lemon, lime, raspberries, etc. It's a little more fun than plain water.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have those little sugar free drink mixes that I use at dinner time. Otherwise, it's mostly just water for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Diet soda and gatorade G2 or Zero.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png