Looking for Keto friends

Options
Dear All,

I'm newbie to keto in fact yesterday was my first day in ketogenic diet, and it didn't go very well. It was the hardest day as I was feeling nauseated, light headed, foggy head, somehow hungry and on the top I didn't sleep whole night. At 6 in the morning I took a relaxon tablet to calm down my nerves as I was just drinking water and then was going to pee. Now I got out of my bed after 2.5 hrs of sleep and I'm not hungry at all but feeling strange, heavy and as if something is burning in my stomach.
On the other hand I lost 0.4 kg in one day. My weight when I started was 65.4 kg and this morning is 65 kg and my target weight is 50 kg.
I need help and guidance in keto diet.
Kindly add me as your friend and help me in this journey. Thanks a lot my pals

Replies

• katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me. I have lost almost 20kg on the keto diet so far :) You will feel terrible for the first few weeks but I promise it will get easier with time.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

My advice for someone just starting Keto. Don't count calories. The only thing you should focus on right now is keeping your carbs low. You can focus on cutting calories after you get adapted. If you are hungry, eat. Listen to your body.

Andplusalso drink, drink, drink your water and supplement your electrolytes. The most common cause of "Keto Flu" is dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. There is absolutely NO REASON to feel terrible on the Keto Diet. Keto Flu is 100% avoidable.
  • Ecomama09
    Ecomama09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Make sure you are still getting your proper nutrition —sometimes veggies are to “scary” to add for some keto folks. Avocado, spinach, cucumbers, asparagus, celery can be your friend. Blackberries too even have plenty of fat and fiber to balance some of the carbs. I take a Magnesium supplement...you may want to add a vitamin. Make sure your salt and potassium intakes are okay. And as mentioned before....lots of water!

Feel free to friend me—I have an open diary.
  • lmcdonald1979
    lmcdonald1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on Monday. Doing ok so far, had a strange experience yesterday, feeling a little exhausted and foggy, but drank loads today. Currently have no kitchen, so food choices are limited and whatever can be cooked in the George Forman grill is what goes! Weighed myself today and lost 4lb so far.
  • aislinggrace94
    aislinggrace94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s my second Keto day, and it’s hard! My weight dropped 6 pounds over night which I know is water weight even though I’ve been chugging water. Would love to share recipes!
  • pinkwithmarissa
    pinkwithmarissa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been doing Keto a while now and just getting back into logging here on MFP. I love being keto. Once you've been doing it a while it gets SO much easier!
  • woodwards36
    woodwards36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too! I’m on my second week of keto eating and felt some of the symptoms you’ve experienced also. I agree with Wholefoods4lyfe, lots of water, electrolytes and eat if you’re hungry within keto parameters. 😁