Cuss me out, ya’ll!

Options
Listen, I fell into a bad place and I’m determined to get out of it. I have lost 80 pounds using MFP before. It works! I can help you but right now I need YOU to help ME do this again. Hold me accountable! Look at my log starting tomorrow. I have a baked goods addiction. My name is Joanne and I am addicted to sugar. I am getting an elliptical and I need to use it. I own a business and work from home so I need to get out more. Add me as a friend!

Replies

• laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    YEEEEEEEES!!! You *kitten* got this *kitten*!!!!! Wooooooo we are right there together staring sugar down!!! We can beat that delicious goodness!! We are strong *kitten*!!!!!
  • DyanaHagan
    DyanaHagan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting day number two today! We can do this! Just remember how good you looked and felt when you lost all of that weight before. Any time you feel like having a baked good, pull out a picture of your best self.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • jojomariemfp
    jojomariemfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I picked up on that! Dick *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*
  • jojomariemfp
    jojomariemfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ha, well it accommodates for people who are named Dick!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I just type kitten now, instead of the real word. It amuses me. :D
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I like to vary mine up. *flamingo* *pumpernickel* *tuna*

On topic edit: I started having an easier time when I decided that the only person who could truly hold me accountable was myself. I'm a master sneaker, so if I try to put it on someone else, I will most certainly cheat.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options

On topic edit: I started having an easier time when I decided that the only person who could truly hold me accountable was myself. I'm a master sneaker, so if I try to put it on someone else, I will most certainly cheat.

I have this same problem. It turns out I don't actually like being held accountable by others and when I do something I think they will call me out on, I cheat and hide it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

I have this same problem. It turns out I don't actually like being held accountable by others and when I do something I think they will call me out on, I cheat and hide it.

It's hard. Like, I *kitten* pay my therapist to objectively listen to all of my deepest issues under the threat of HIPAA and I still feel the urge to not say something if I think I've done something wrong.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

It's hard. Like, I *kitten* pay my therapist to objectively listen to all of my deepest issues under the threat of HIPAA and I still feel the urge to not say something if I think I've done something wrong.

I hate the thought of being judged or disappointing the people who matter to me. Maybe that's why I've always been more of a "go it alone" type of person. Hmmm
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

*puppy*
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

I hate the thought of being judged or disappointing the people who matter to me. Maybe that's why I've always been more of a "go it alone" type of person. Hmmm

Oh my goodness! I joined some challenges here, and I've had a really hard time not fudging my numbers some days/weeks. It's like I just really want these people (who I don't know IRL and barely know online) to be proud of me! I have to keep reminding myself that it doesn't really matter if my online, MFP friends are "disappointed" in me if I don't lose as much weight this week (or even gain some). It's my opinion (and my immediately family's opinion) that really matters. And really, my MFP friends won't be disappointed if I don't do as well - but in my mind, I've let people down. SMH...
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. I’m kind of in the same boat and starting over, again.