How to get a toned tummy

Options
amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
Hi everyone I’m 32 and have had 3 children I recently joined a gym and started cutting calories and eating healthy my my tummy doesn’t seem to be getting smaller🙁 could someone please advise me on what exercise or diet I can do to get a flat tummy? Many thanks ami

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You can't do anything special besides lose weight. For a lot of us, the stomach is the last place to lose weight from. So just focus on losing at a reasonable rate and give it time. With enough loss, the stomach will go.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Your flat tummy will only happen once you lose enough body fat. Unfortunately you can do a billion sit-ups a day, but if you still have fat over your abs, they won't show up.

It's also the last place for fat to disappear from! Yeay! (sarcasm)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • amioc
    Options
    Thanks guys I’ll just keep plodding along and hope my fat come off my tummy! Do any of you have any diet tips? Is it ok to eat carbs like brown rice and brown pasta? Also can you eat healthy fats like salmon and avocado?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    All those foods are fine in moderation as long as you stay below your allotted calories.
  • amioc
    Options
    My calories are set to 1,200 and I’m finding it so hard to stick to that I go over almost every day. I just feel so hungry all the time!
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. It may not seem like your tummy is shrinking to your eye, but #'s dont lie.

Yes, carbs are fine to eat if they fit into your calories. Just weigh accurately.

I hate standard situps. I prefer standing up and doing like high knees, front kicks, that work abs without the neck strain.