How do I remove additional calories added from my Garmin?

Hi there! I have just signed up :-)

I do not want extra calories added to my fitness pal for extra steps/exercise I do. Does anyone know how to remove this?

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,621 Member
    @TiffanyKrause13, unlink your Garmin from MFP!
  • CastorOnline
    CastorOnline Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2019
    Welcome! To my knowledge, the only way to do it without unlinking your fitness tracker app is with a Premium account. From your mobile device, go to Goals>Exercise Calories and deselect "Increase my daily calorie goal." I don't believe this can be done from a free account.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    edited June 2019
    Using Garmin Connect on your phone, you can go to Settings, 3rd Party Apps. Select MyFitnessPal and it has an option to disconnect.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    If you log in on a computer you can also go to the "Exercise" tab and delete them. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do this on the app and it will need to be done daily.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    edited June 2019
    I see you have already received advice on how to remove it.

However, I do wonder if you know that it is intended for you to eat them back and to not do so can be detrimental to your health as you may be creating a deficit far below the recommended intake for getting your nutritional requirements?

Some people are concerned that trackers are not 100% accurate in determining calorie burns from exercise and activity, and it's a valid concern, but there is one number that is definitely not correct and that's zero. Losing weight faster is not necessarily better.

I find my Garmin to be pretty spot on and have lost weight eating the majority of my exercise calories back. It takes about 4 weeks of accurate food logging to determine accuracy but quite easy to adjust up and down based on your trendweight after 4-6 weeks. If you're losing weight slower than expected, eat less of your calories back and if you're losing faster than expected, eat more of your calories back.

qhsn0jbmwfen.jpg