Many the Miles: Intro [CLOSED GROUP]

Options
Hi everyone!

By now, you should have all received (and hopefully accepted!) a friend request from me. Here is everyone who replied to the thread, so please feel free to friend each other to make this more personal and fun:

sineadangele1
fit_chica69
kbeach08
thamre
CharlotteintheUSA
patriot201
defygravity531
mariababe81

Since I don’t know if any of you already walk or run, please tell us a little bit about yourself and your habits. Here’s me: I started running about a year ago and got more serious about it when my husband got me a really nice pair or running shoes for Christmas. I completed a ½ marathon back in May. I am currently signed up for my second one in October but those plans are on hold since my appendix crapped out on Monday. I am recovering quite nicely, but I don’t know when I’ll be able to run again, so I decided to build my way up by walking. I am really looking forward to getting out on the road and I am even more excited now that I have 8 buddies to come along!

We should get rolling on Monday, so get warmed up this weekend.
I challenge you to walk/run 8 miles between August 29 and September 3!

Looking forward to your replies!

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey!

a bit about me, I started the couch to 5k programme in may. Started off with no running experience at all, apart from sprinting pre-teens! Found the programme eased me into running really well and by week 5 i was running comfortably for 20 mins! which was a major breakthrough for me! After which it was plain sailing and i can now easily do 5k. I ran my first 10k on sunday!

Got my first 5k race on 11th sept which im looking forward to! I run 2-3 times a week, so 8 miles is doable! fingers crossed! i make 5k to be 3.1miles so should easily get to 8 miles.

good luck ladies!
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello everbody!

I've never been a runner before but I would love to become one. I think this is a great way to start and I know this will definitely be a challenge for me. I look forward to adding running to my workouts. I'll be sending out friend requests to everyone in the group. I can't wait to get started!!

8644877.png
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am a recent graduate of the couch25k and I now run about 2 times a week (5k each time) since I'm trying to have others sports in my workout (such as bike and swim) but I know I still have to improve my running so I think this group will be good for me. 8 miles is going to be a challenge!
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I absolutely love walking! Maybe during this challange I might turn some of that walking into running. I'm ready to get started =]
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!

good luck for the coming week!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies - a little bit about me:

I ran my 1st 5k last September and have run 4 more since than. My 15 year old daughter has run all but 1 with me. She gives me the support I need. I am no where near as fast as she is, but she is always there at the finish line to push me. There is another one coming up in 2 weeks that I would like to do - although I probably won't have her there for support (hunting season for her). I really haven't run a whole lot all summer but do walk 4+ miles at least every other day. This will be a great challenge for me as I can modify to 8 miles ran in a week. Good luck everyone on this 1st week of the challenge :drinker:
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    ***THREAD CLOSED***
    LOOK FOR THE THREAD FOR WEEK 1