calorie intake

Options
I have been stuck at 134-136 forever!!!! I adjusted my calories down two 1200 and that did nothing, then went to 1350 still nothing. I need some suggestions. I workout for 30-45 minutes a day 4 times a week and bike an average of 40 miles on the weekends. I feel like I am gaining....

Replies

• pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Check your BMR and mix up the workouts...Give it time :D
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    that also happened to me.. I was stuck at 135.5 for about 5 weeks. I started exercising more, and just kept eating right, then I lost 5 pounds in a week one week. Just keep doing what you are doing. It's hard for the body to lose weight when you are already at a low weight :D !
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    The thinner you are and the closer you are to your ideal weight - the harder it is to lose weight.

The best thing to do is to switch things up - zig zag your calories, switch up your exercise routine -- make sure you give it at least 2-3 weeks before deciding whether it is working or not. It takes our bodies a little while to catch up to what we are doing. Make sure you are drinking enough water.

Just keep going. Our bodies get pretty stubborn about losing more weight as we get thinner.
  • kayp1
    kayp1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you go down too low your body goes into starvation mode.

The last time I lost a lot of weight, I reached a plateau and didn't move for ages.
    A friend told me to increase my calorie intake for a couple of weeks then start again, not by too much, probably 1500-1750, then start again.

It worked and the first week I lost 3lb and then slowly the weight came off again.

good luck!
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    just eat healthy and exercise frequently
    well i wasnt losing weight first then i tried eating back some of da cals i burn with healthy food and i lost a kilo thank god :)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I had to do 3 things. I had to increase my workout time (I work out 5 days a week), increase my water intake and change up my workout routine and then I finally got over my plateau.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I found that cutting my calories below 1400 caused my weight loss to stall. Starvation mode? You could experiment with 1500 -1600 calories a day for two weeks and see what happens. Good luck.
  • olivkar1
    Options
    You need to eat! You should be eating more calories - probably between 1600-1800.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at 134-136 forever!!!! I adjusted my calories down two 1200 and that did nothing, then went to 1350 still nothing. I need some suggestions. I workout for 30-45 minutes a day 4 times a week and bike an average of 40 miles on the weekends. I feel like I am gaining....
    Hard to offer advice — all we know is your age, gender, and weight.

Without info such as your height, access to your diary, your weight history, etc. all anyone can do is guess.