staying strong thru the weekends

Options
I find myself doing amazingly well during the week but i gotta be honest i LOVE my wine and i cant seem to get through the weekend without it. I have 3 very young kids and a very stressful life. Its my only indulgence i dont cheat with food just wine. I guess my question is this can you still lose weight and have drinks on the weekend (sat and sun just being honest). Please keep in mind i work out 5days a week and consume under 1200 a day.

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    As long as you are counting the calories, all should be well...

Enjoy your weekend (and wine!) ;)
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    you consume under 1200 calories day, doesn't sound very healthy. And you work out 5 times a week? You should be at least eating 1800 calories.

To answer you question, having a few drinks of wine on the weekend, shouldn't be a problem
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I still drink on the weekends and sometimes during the week. I'm sure it has slowed my progress but I'm OK with it. :wink:
  • jengelbell
    Options
    Now I'm not an expert nor a nutritionist, but I lost 70 pounds on Weight Watchers by doing just that. I am not willing to give up the one thing that I really enjoy, nor should you. I am switching over to calories versus the points - I talked with a nutritionist and apparantly I have been going over-board on the "free" fruit that Weight Watchers allows. I need to re-lose the weight I gained and then go after the last 20. Good luck. Enjoy your kids...and your wine!:smile:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be wine? I saw a commercial for a 55 calorie beer! That'd be awesome! Except I don't really drink and I don't like beer. :laugh:

Here's an article with some tips you may enjoy... check it out!

http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Low_Calorie_Wine
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Honestly, I'd be more worried about the consuming less than 1200 a day -- search the message boards for "starvation mode" and you'll find why eating too FEW calories can mean that any indulgence goes straight to fat reserves.

Aside from that, if it's a glass or two, and not a bottle or two, I think a little wine is just fine. Even if you added 300 - 400 calories of wine to your normal diet, you probably wouldn't gain weight -- 1500 - 1600 calories a day is pretty typical "maintain my weight" levels, I think. So your weight loss might slow down, or even pause for a day, but you wouldn't lose the progress you've made.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my wine or cosmopolitans on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I try to workout a bit more on the weekends to compensate for drinking and going out with friends. I have lost weight at an acceptable rate for me and I don't feel deprived!!
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Just count your calories and just watch what you drink:)