Why cant I control myself anymore? :(

Options
joshbrw
joshbrw Posts: 11 Member
I was on a great diet, 2 1/2 stone down, feeling great, eating right.
But then I go on a 2 week all inclusive holiday. Like on all holidays you over indulge, but I've come back and can't get back to how I was.
I always get moaned at for not eating enough by my parents, but being overweight is more of a self-confidence thing than anything else, and I'm trying so hard to lose weight but I just get bought junk food constantly.

How can I get back to how I was? Eating 1500 calories a day, not 2500 :(

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    do you exercise? if not, you have to find a way to do 30 minutes of exercise a day, and eat back most of those calories.
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    I'm in your same boat. I am actually just before of my vaction/holiday and I am not controlling myself. I can only imagine how I will be once the holiday begins.

Just go back to the basics and get yourself back in the grove. You can do it!!!!
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    try staying away and dont even taste sweets cuz if you get a little taste yur gonns die to eat more and sweets have a loot of cals XD
  • joshbrw
    Options
    I exercise less regularly than I used to, but I still do regular exercise.
    I just want to get back to not craving fatty food, it doesn't help with my family constantly buying me junk food such as chinese, mcdonalds, ben and jerrys, whatever.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A swift kick in the butt ! That always helps me.... tough love works for me....quotes such as
    " Dont make excuses make progress"
    "Dedication is remembering wha you want "
    some one said to me ...... " stop complaining about it..get up and go do something about it"

Or i look at a really fat picture of myself....good luck . you can do it !!!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Stay focused on what your ultimate goal is. One set back (holiday) doesn't have to KEEP you back!
  • morez610
    morez610 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think it really just goes back to self-discipline, and (as corny and as cliche as this sounds) - you have to keep that determination and you would have to WANT to stay on that path.

Trust me, it only gets better once you get back on that horse. Use us!!! We're here to motivate each other...
  • joshbrw
    Options
    It's just hard when you've got people around you pretty much forcing fatty foods down your throat, thanks everyone though. I'll try my hardest to get back to it.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    for me i was addicted to krispie kreme donuts and no matter what i would go out and buy them, even though i knew i was going to hate myself afterwards .. i had to go cold turkey and just mentally say i was no longer going to do it, however after a year of no donuts i had one and the cravings started again, i realized that i deprived myself mentally from something that i used as a reward, the trick for me was to find something that would still reward me but not give me a bunch of calories i cannot use .. it slowed my metabolism down so i had to find something as a healthy substitute until i was mentally able to not crave that age old cliche' what was good to me was not good for me.. you sound as if you had the formula at one point but just got caught up in the "guilty rewards" system .. nothing wrong with rewarding yourself but learning your limitations is also good, but do not mentally beat yourself up it will only perpetuate how your feeling and possibly throw you in a bigger slump .. sometimes you just have to put your foot down and just say youre not going to indulge and get away from the habit.. hope something i said helped along with all the others in the post good luck
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Could you have a mini detox? Nothing drastic, just make a conscious effort to 'eat clean' for 3 or 4 days? Lots of water, veggies, fish etc - because your body has probably adjusted to being given higher levels of sugar, fat and salt.
    Most of all - don't beat yourself up about it! Everyone has a blip from time to time, just draw a line under it and say "That was then, this is now!".
  • emerson04
    emerson04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It totally sucks when you start losing control. and then when you get up the courage to get back on that scale and find you gained weight back that you worked hard at losing is really hard to do. but i'll say this if you had a great time on your vaction and ate what you wanted look at it that way you had an awesome time now its over and gotta get back to losing weight. NOBODYS perfect everyone slips up just pick a start day and stick to it. I lost over 100 pounds (had a baby gotta lose 30 pound AGAIN) but it is what it is. Your doing great dont give up
  • joshbrw
    Options
    Thanks everyone, really encouraging. I go back to the point of being bought fatty foods - it really does not help. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and have a serious conversation with them, because they think I'm not eating enough whereas I know I'm getting enough vitamins, nutrients and calories a day.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    change your attitude toward what you are doing. Right now you are dieting; as long as that is the way you see it, you will continue to "yo-yo" back and forth
    Instead change the way you eat...forever. Don't diet and think of it as a temporary thing, or that you can just go back and forth on a whim. Come to the realization that you need to change the way you eat in order to look and feel healthier, stronger, better. That is the key (not to mention you need to exercise regularly)