When should I weigh in?

Options
I know that at different times of day and week your weight will be varied. Does anyone know when the best time to weigh in is? Morning evening, monday friday, anytime?
Help?!?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    In the morning - after you use the bathroom but before you've eaten or had anything to drink.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Any day is fine but I think you should weigh first thing in the morning after you pee.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I like Thursdays, just in case I got a little crazy on the weekend.:drinker:
  • mumster63
    mumster63 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out Dr Oz on Monday. He is having a whole show abbout weight loss and one of the things he answers is the best time to work out and the best time to weigh yourself
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    In the morning - after you use the bathroom but before you've eaten or had anything to drink.
    This.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Check out Dr Oz on Monday. He is having a whole show abbout weight loss and one of the things he answers is the best time to work out and the best time to weigh yourself

What channel?
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    In the morning, after you use the washroom, but before you eat or drink anything.

It doesn't really matter what day, but be sure to weight around the same time, and wearing the same thing (or nothing).

I weigh in on Tuesday mornings. This is to keep myself under control on the weekend, but still allow myself 1 day to try to recover if I messed up a bit, or ate too much salt...

Good Luck!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after you've used the restroom but before you've had anything to eat or drink. I weigh on Friday mornings
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I 3rd that -- First thing in the morning, after using the toilet, before dressing. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter which day of the week, as long as you're consistent. I weigh on Fridays, but that was just because I started MFP on a Friday.
  • anberlingasm
    Options

This! I tend to weigh in on a Monday morning, mainly because the iPhone app works on a Mon-Sun week and averages out your cals over the week so I like to split my weeks that way.
  • mitchypoo777
    Options
    I agree that first thing in the morning after using the restroom is a good time and I weigh daily. I KNOW! Many say it is not a good thing to do, but I disagree and it's motivating for me. Maybe later I'll get down to once a week.
  • Buffy2point0
    Buffy2point0 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Saturday morning. I sleep late and get up and use the restroom then weigh in. It keeps me straight on Friday nights.
  • Bunni8E8
    Bunni8E8 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you all. Mornings it is!!