Fitness calories

Options
Hi I set my Daily calorie goal at 1350 for the day. I have exercise points every day do you use them?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    You use them to eat more food, because that's how the math works, and because it's best for your health.
  • dee3mom30
    dee3mom30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank You all so much for your input. I only tracked what I did at the gym and not my daily steps. It gave me about 200 more to play with. It makes me nervous to eat more but I know if I don’t that doesn’t help either.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you just need to burn more calories than you eat. Not necessarily through exercise either. A calorie is a calorie, the ones you burn by exercising and even walking aren't any different from the ones you burn breathing.

MFP is set up kind of like a budget. A good analogie is if you fill your gas tank once a week. Sometimes you might run some extra errands or go on a scenic drive or something, and you have to put more gas in your car because of it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    dee3mom30 wrote: »
    Thank You all so much for your input. I only tracked what I did at the gym and not my daily steps. It gave me about 200 more to play with. It makes me nervous to eat more but I know if I don’t that doesn’t help either.

That just means you did more than one of the 4 activity levels you could select from in MFP.

If there had been 8 levels, and you selected the right one - you would have had no adjustments.

And likely eaten to your base goal no questions asked.

That is merely MFP correcting itself (and possibly your selection) to a better estimate.
  • dee3mom30
    dee3mom30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 2800-3000 calories a day and never eat that much and I still don’t lose
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    dee3mom30 wrote: »
    I usually burn about 2800-3000 calories a day and never eat that much and I still don’t lose

How long has it been? It may be a couple of weeks before you see a loss on the scale. If it's been months then you're most likely eating more than you think. Do you use a food scale?