Favorite chicken sausage?

Options
lporter229
lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
Do you have a favorite brand of precooked chicken sausage or other sausage that is under 200 calories? Sometimes I like to cut the links up and mix with a big batch of sauteed veggies for a quick and easy meal. Some of the brands I have tried are really good and others are nearly inedible. Would love to hear your favorites.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Open Nature chicken andouille style, 120 cals one link.
    That said, anything can be under 200 cals if you eat less than 200 cals worth...
  • lporter229
    Options
    That said, anything can be under 200 cals if you eat less than 200 cals worth...
    ;)
    200 calories per link

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Al Fresco sweet apple chicken sausage. 160 cal per link. ☺
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like the Sam's Club Member's Mark Spinach Asiago chicken sausage, and the Johnsonville Smoked Turkey Cheddar Sausage (I know, not exactly chicken, but similar and tasty!)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I like the Al Fresco brand the best.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Smoked Apple Chardonnay chicken sausage - 140 calories per link.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    There is no need for chicken sausage to score more than about 1.1 cal/g, however, the manufacturers put bunches of crap ingredients in like corn syrup and they end up being about 1.5 cal/g.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is really good and they aren't tiny links.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Mighty Spark Mild Italian-Style Chicken Sausages are the best I've found for calories and sodium. Their other flavors have different values, be aware.
  • lporter229
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Do you have a favorite brand of precooked chicken sausage or other sausage that is under 200 calories? Sometimes I like to cut the links up and mix with a big batch of sauteed veggies for a quick and easy meal. Some of the brands I have tried are really good and others are nearly inedible. Would love to hear your favorites.

Why not make your own? Its so simple.

I could. I plan all of my meals for the week in advance. But the question was prompted by a day where my plans just got totally shot to *kitten* and I had to come up with a something quick and easy. My husband had bought a package of Aidels Andouile chicken sausage, so I was able to make it a quick and easy meal because I always have fresh produce and canned tomatoes on hand. I decide that they are not a bad thing to keep on hand because they have a pretty long shelf life if the package is unopened. I thought the ones he bought were just okay, but I have tried a few others in the past and some of them were horrible so I didn't want to waste my money experimenting.

I really appreciate all of the input!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love the ones you get at Costco, but can't remember the name LOL. Johnsonville chicken and apple is good too.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Al fresco spicy jalapeño is by far the best in my opinion!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    I love the ones you get at Costco, but can't remember the name LOL. Johnsonville chicken and apple is good too.

Do you mean the spinach & feta chicken sausages that Costo has? I enjoy those as well. They are under 200 cals but I can't remember the exact amount.