30DS -basic questions

Options
I have read soo many threads and success stories that mention the 30DS.

Just wanted to know -how does it work? People mention many different levels? Is it all in one DVD? Do you do the same workout everyday?
Just wanted to get a sense as to what it involved.
Also- do you require anything apart from weights for the workout?

Thanks!

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    There are 3 levels, they are all on 1 DVD.
    Each level goes for 10 days, all levels are different.

I used 3 lb weights and a yoga mat. You don't need a yoga mat, it was just my own preference.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred workout comes with three levels. You do each level starting with level 1 for 10 days. Some do it less like 5-6 days on each level. When I ordered the 30 Day Shred I also ordered the Shred kit. It comes with 2 3lb dumbbells and a mat. I still currently use this kit with all Jillian Michael's other DVDs.
  • pickulz76
    Options
    Thanks so much!
    I am tempted to try it out....
  • sarahmaazing
    Options
    I would really suggest using a yoga mat if you're working out on hardwood floors! Or anything other than carpet actually. The first day I didn't use one and my back was very sore the next day. I used ten pound weights, and I normally do 15, because it kicks your butt!

If you're just starting out, don't expect it to be easy, because it sure isn't! But it is 110% worth it. I'm on day 21 and I can't believe it's already been this long and I've noticed big changes! Good luck. :)
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is a great DVD and for some reason Jillain Michaels makes you want to keep going. Which is a wierd thought as she isn't the nicest trainer. I have only done this one dvd, but apparently she has several that are good.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if you have fit on demand on you tv, they should have 30DS level 1 or at least a 10 min demo thing. you can also get it on netflix

it's a cardio, workout routine - VERY strenuous- jillian michaels from THE BIGGEST LOSER. She's very tough, but REALLY knows her stuff.
    I'm doing 30 day shred for september - going on vacation in early october so this is crunch time =\