Meal prepping ideas?

Options
I’d love some meal prep ideas of what you guys eat?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    There are many veggies you can pre-cut, then keep them in containers in your fridge, like onions, peppers, carrots, snap peas, etc. Then just toss some into a stir fry or slow cooker.

I also portion my fish into serving sizes, then freeze in freezer bags. Only takes half a day to thaw in the fridge.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I don't meal prep as such but when I cook it is often enough to last 3 meals. That way I am only cooking dinner a few times a week rather than every night.
  • mim619
    mim619 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband works 12 hour shifts on rotational schedule. Without meal prep we wouldn't eat. My youngest hates when I cook she cries the whole time so cooking gets done during her nap time usually. We freezer prep a few types of chili, beef stew, tacos, fajitas, beef and carrots, a couple other chicken dishes. Usually lasts 3-4 weeks and takes about 2 hours with both of us working together. (Was over 4 hours the first time) once per week. We batch cook chicken, and one other meat, Kahlua pork, taco meat, hamburger patties. Then dice up and roast honey gold potatoes and sweet potatoes.
    Then we have salads or meat potatoes and steam in the bag veggies, I put 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 bell peppers and an onion in my taco meat so throw it in a tortilla with avocado and cheese or whatever and it's a meal.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I prep on Sunday enough to last through Friday for breakfast, lunch and snacks. I plan dinners and shop for everything ahead of time so cooking is pretty fast.

Breakfast for the week might be:
    - Scrambled egg whites with sautéed onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, ham. I’ll scramble a whole dozen eggs. Each morning scoop a portion and heat in the microwave and top with salsa and light sour cream. Side of fruit.
    - Protein pancakes with blackberries. I put the pancakes topped with blackberries in the microwave to reheat and the blackberry juice acts as syrup. Glass of ultra-filtered milk.

Snack might be:
    - string cheese and Greek yogurt with fruit.
    - Beef jerky
    - Plain popcorn with white cheddar topping

Lunch examples:
    - Stir fry - sautéed veggies with a protein and soy/teriyaki sauce. Either plain or over cauliflower rice or seaweed/konjac noodles. Again, make enough for 5 servings.
    - Soup - ladle individual portions into zip lock bags. Lay flat on a cookie sheet and freeze. Take one out the night before you want to eat it.
    - Chicken Marsala
    - Salad - mix all your greens and veggies and put in airtight container. Cook protein separately. Mix together at lunch individual portions with salad dressing of choice.

I’ve never had a problem with food spoiling in 5 days.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I prep raw veggies, usually celery, carrots, radishes, bell peppers, cauliflower & broccoli. For quick snacks. My husband works 2 pm to 10 pm, so dinner is just me. Weekends, I make big meals. Summer, usually sheet pan dinner with lots of veggies and a protein. Grill veggies and a protein. Winter I do soups and chili a lot. Make enough to last for several meals.