Excited and Grateful

Options
I am on week two of counting macros and reinstituting a structured exercise program. Up until about 18 months ago I was fit and never missed a gym date. Then I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was a shock, but at the time I had no pain just crippling fatigue and a constant flu feeling. I adopted an AIP diet, which helped but I lost about 10 pounds fast, probably muscle. I look wasted. Then Hand pain kept me from lifting weights. Flash forward to the present. I started taking LDN and I am pretty much pain free. I am now trying to regain muscle and deflab.
It’s funny how a thin body can become flabby. Anyway, my long story is this. I am so grateful that God gave me the strength to get to this point and I will never take for granted the joy of working out and having control over my life again.
You never know how wonderful life is until you experience life altering pain from an incurable disease and then experience remission. I am grateful to be able to work on my health and I truly appreciate the gift I’ve been given. I don’t know what my future holds but I will be physically and emotionally ready.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    That's awesome- God is truly good!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am on week two of counting macros and reinstituting a structured exercise program. Up until about 18 months ago I was fit and never missed a gym date. Then I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was a shock, but at the time I had no pain just crippling fatigue and a constant flu feeling. I adopted an AIP diet, which helped but I lost about 10 pounds fast, probably muscle. I look wasted. Then Hand pain kept me from lifting weights. Flash forward to the present. I started taking LDN and I am pretty much pain free. I am now trying to regain muscle and deflab.
    It’s funny how a thin body can become flabby. Anyway, my long story is this. I am so grateful that God gave me the strength to get to this point and I will never take for granted the joy of working out and having control over my life again.
    You never know how wonderful life is until you experience life altering pain from an incurable disease and then experience remission. I am grateful to be able to work on my health and I truly appreciate the gift I’ve been given. I don’t know what my future holds but I will be physically and emotionally ready.

Man! Your post brings me such sheer JOY, GLADNESS and AWARENESS of making it my daily business to not/no longer taking anything nor TIME for granted--Thank you ever so VERY much for posting this. Your "testimony" is going to help and encourage MANY people that you won't hear from. Wow, thank you again and your post reminds me so much of "tomorrow is NOT promised to any of us...such HOPE that gives me in everything truly important and REAL!
    10cf85811db8806612679a4aac5dbb06.jpg
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    WHAT!!?? Hand pain?? I have had hand pain for a YEAR now. It has totally destroyed my lifting abilities! What is an AIP diet and what is LDN?? Congrats! I am so happy for you because I completely understand how you have felt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!