20 year old problems

Options
I’m a 20 year old with PCOS, scoliosis, thyroid problems as well as anxiety and depression. You could say I have a bucket full of things wrong with me..

I’ve struggled for years with weight. I was 9 years old when my mother brought me to the doctors for the first time about my weight. I never ate sugary foods, wasn’t interested in them. Didn’t like candy, etc. Doctor just said ‘she’s fat’ (😂).

At the age of 14 I was diagnosed with PCOS. Luckily I caught it early. Once I started taking tablets I lost 2-3 stone in a couple of months. I was 17 stone at the age of 13 and now to this day I’m about 12 1/2 stone. I gain weight pretty easily but also loose it randomly.

I was told I had anxiety/depression when I was 17. I would stress eat and then not eat at all. I gaine a stone over a month which was what made me realize I had an on-off relationship with food.

Only in the last three months I have been told there’s a high chance I have thyroid problems too (yay!). I’ve lost weight and have stayed at 12 1/2 for the last year and a half but since May I’ve slowly started gaining weight. I went to get blood tests and it went from there...
I just want to loose weight and be happy with myself! I’ve awful posture because I would sloth and carry myself awkward due to me being the most shy person out there. I want to hit just under 12 stone and I’ll be happy.

I go to Physio and a chiropractor for my back, knees, etc. I was told I have scoliosis but nothing serious, just enough to cause aches and pains (which I know all about since I can remember). Inturned knees, pelvis off balance, ligament damage, weak muscles, curbed spine, and more aches and pains.

Time to get over all of this crap and move on with it! I’ve been going to gym 3 times a week for the last year. Really enjoy it and I’ve definitely toned up. No weight loss though which causes some problems..

Let’s see how this goes..

Replies

• GraceBeth1995
    GraceBeth1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Remember to try your hardest to reach your goals and live your dreams!
  • _Mina_A
    _Mina_A Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just remember you're not alone. Everyone is on a journey and the struggle is worth the reward!