Hurricane

Options
Sunjenk
Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
For everyone that is going to be affected by the hurricane this weekend, stay safe :) I know we are well prepared here and hoping for the best!

Replies

• sweetsapphire85
    Options
    We are supposed to get hit sometime tomorrow late afternoon starting and getting worse through the night until about 10am Sunday. Hope everyone is prepared, there is nothing in the stores and gas stations here are drying up. lol
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in Boston, and it is said to hit here around noon Sunday
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's been raining off and on here since around noon, but it sounds like the steady rain is starting now.

I was supposed to work tomorrow, but we are not going to be open. It's sad this is the only way I get a Saturday off lol. Oh well, as long as I have power I can do some things around the house, and maybe get a really long workout in ;)

If you are going to be impacted by this storm...BE SAFE!!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    sunjek, I used to live in Back Bay , then moved to Newton Center.............beautiful part of the country...........Im jealous, esp during the fall foliage...................best wishes, Lloyd
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Where are they saying it's supposed to make landfall? It skipped us in FL. We just had some feeder-bands. It was nice. Hope it stay at a low category for you guys.
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Outer bands are here now. Just waiting for the eye of the storm to pass over us. Hopefully, it isn't as bad as they say. We are prepared for the worst, but are hoping for the best!!! The joys of living on the Outer Banks.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    It's moved a bit east of me in central VA. According to what I'm seeing, we're just supposed to get some rain and 30-ish mph winds. If it moves any further inland, we'll likely get some of the nastier stuff, but not nearly as nasty as the coastal parts of the state. Still stocked up on some non-perishibles just to be safe :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Where are they saying it's supposed to make landfall? It skipped us in FL. We just had some feeder-bands. It was nice. Hope it stay at a low category for you guys.

North Carolina all the way to Massachusetts. Yikes.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Where does everyone live? I'm in Jersey. My real concern is for NC :(
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Maryland here!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    aw LOL I was trying to avoid checking the website.
    It's not supposed to make landfall until NC. By the time it gets to New England it'll be nothin' probably.
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/210734.shtml?hwind120?large#contents

That could change, but I think you'll all be fine. Hope your power isn't knocked out for too long if at all. Pull your plants and patio furniture in.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm in CT and about half a mile from the beach -we walk there all the time. We brought in the outdoor furniture and we are sitting here waiting to see if we should head out of town. Our daughter is visiting family and safe, thank goodness. We prepared the basement and the windows - we're going to see what morning brings. Fingers crossed!!!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Prayers for you all!!
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Outer Banks and we are going to ride the storm out. Stocked and ready for what ever may come our way. It is supposed to make landfall near Moorehead City, NC. We won't feel the real nasty stuff until tomorrow am, but it is definitely raining and blowing outside now.