Suggestions????

Options
Hey guys I’m not new to mfp but I never really joined the community. I’m looking for some suggestions since I feel like I’ve stalled in my progress. First I suffer from a bit of body dismorphia. I’m 46, 260lbs and probably in the high 20% bf. I train with weights 5-6 days a week and add in 30-45 min cardio about half of those days. I’d like to drop my bf% percentage to The mid teens. My current diet is 2600 calories (198 p / 300c / 57f). Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Are you losing anything on 2600? Also do you use a food scale?
  • mdc02382
    mdc02382 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything. I just upped my calories to 2600 so hopefully it jump starts the metabolism. I’ve been keeping my calories around 2k for along time, probably sabotaging myself.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    mdc02382 wrote: »
    I weigh everything. I just upped my calories to 2600 so hopefully it jump starts the metabolism. I’ve been keeping my calories around 2k for along time, probably sabotaging myself.

That's not how it works.

Were you losing weight at 2000 calories?
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body just got in a routine. Change your work out a bit maybe up the cardio a lil. Usually when I hit a stall I'm about to drop real hard. I usually up my cardio and that helps!!! Keep at it!!!!
  • mdc02382
    Options
    At 2k I was stalled.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Something doesn’t pass the smell test of not losing weight eating 2,000 calories.

My two cents - cut back weight session workouts to 3-4 max and walk 60 minutes 5-6 days a week.

Exist with a 500-750 per day average calorie deficit.

This worked for me, month after month with no prolonged stuck points.
  • mdc02382
    Options
    Thanks. It’s hard to stop the weights but it’s worth a shot.