July challenge

Options
samanthajstanton73
samanthajstanton73 Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
Anybody want to join me...

Not going to eat unhealthy foods for one month no chocolate,cakes, crisps just good foods. Not going to weigh for a month, aiming for a 10lb lost... anybody want to join me....

Replies

• kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am in. Thank you
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    Let's do this, together we can.
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yep and no booze for me
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    Here goes for Day 1:

Decided to be really honest, I have weighed myself this morning ouch 15:12, this is first time I have ever told anybody my weight (apart from my husband) I am embarrassed about being this weight. So here goes for the start of the kickstart month, going to log and photograph all of my food today.

Good luck everybody, we can do this.
  • cwalchuk
    cwalchuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is going to be tough! Company, camping and holidays...but I will try!
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    It is tough

Day 1 done no rubbish today only had 1350 and had 600 calories of exercise left
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Here goes for Day 1:

Decided to be really honest, I have weighed myself this morning ouch 15:12, this is first time I have ever told anybody my weight (apart from my husband) I am embarrassed about being this weight. So here goes for the start of the kickstart month, going to log and photograph all of my food today.

Good luck everybody, we can do this.

• annliz23
    Options
    Word of the month positivity!
  • annliz23
    Options
    cwalchuk wrote: »
    This is going to be tough! Company, camping and holidays...but I will try!

• annliz23
    Options
    That's my problem, birthdays, barbecues, fairs!
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of photographing food! Instead of relying on memory the next morning.
    I am laid up in bed for fourth day of nasty cold & trying to drink lots of tea & water. Plan to clean out frig as soon as family leaves today b/c it is full of fattening leftovers & takeout (cannolis, anyone?).
    Also need to get back in habit of measuring/weighing instead of guesstimating after the fact
  • vermontrebecca6929
    Options
    Those three shifts are my goals for July—more water & herbal tea, accurate reconstruction of daily food using photos & weight/measure. Also once I am out of bed back to walking 30-60 mins each am and buying &prepping healthy snacks & meals in advance, which I was already doing
  • vermontrebecca6929
    Options
    Oh yeah, and no alcohol or chocolate (that’s my stretch goal)
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    Day 2 done all gone ok. Good luck everybody.
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would NOT leave 600 calories left, even if it's from exercise.

If you are exercising that hard and not fueling your body, it's going to crave cheap sources of energy: sugar, fats, and carbs. You will end up eating way more than you would if you ate sensibly and fully up to your calorie limit (which means eating back your exercise calories, or at least 50% of them at the very least.)
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    Day 4 done even been for a swim. It felt a bit tough today.
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    Day 5 still not given un feeling pleased with myself. The weekend will be the challenge. How has everybody's week been
  • kewtlady
    kewtlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anybody want to join me...

Not going to eat unhealthy foods for one month no chocolate,cakes, crisps just good foods. Not going to weigh for a month, aiming for a 10lb lost... anybody want to join me....

• kewtlady
    kewtlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in so every time I want to eat unhealthy .... I’m going to think of this challenge ... I have currently given up pop/soda for 7 days have been drinking water coffee and sparkling ice water cherry limeade ... which has no calories. Giving up the junk food and carbs is what sabotages my diet.
  • samanthajstanton73
    Options
    Day 6 done and managed so well, even though j had a trip to hospital with a nasty bite and my lower leg swelling to twice the size. No cakes or rubbish food today which is normally my problem on a Saturday.