Has it helped you?

Options
Hi MFP community!
Interested to see if this app assists me to achieve my goals.
Has it helped you?

Replies

• DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes it has, the app is a very convenient and easy to use tool to track your calorie intake. Weigh and measure your food for better accuracy. And log EVERYTHING! Even when you ate more than intended or having a bad day. It makes you much more aware of everything you eat and the amount of calories that is in certain foods. I love this tool because it helps me to eat as much as possible (within my calorie budget) and still lose weight! ;)
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It completely takes the “I can’t understand why I’m not losing weight” excuse off the table. You’ll see very quickly how the calories add up. There is no guess work as to what changes need to be made.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You placed this in the "Introduce Yourself" forum, and not many long timers read in this forum. You might have better luck in the more active boards, especially Success.

But yes, getting away from all the diet industry myths and just focusing on the math and my behavior was the difference for me!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,359 Member
    Options
    Using MFP I lost around 50 pounds at age 59-60, in just under a year (while hypothyroid, BTW), and have stayed at a healthy weight for 3 years since (after several preceding decades of obesity), so yeah.

It was like a fun science fair project for grown-ups, and quite simple (but not always easy ;) ).
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    accavallo wrote: »
    It completely takes the “I can’t understand why I’m not losing weight” excuse off the table. You’ll see very quickly how the calories add up. There is no guess work as to what changes need to be made.

^^^^ what @accavallo said ☺
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    MFP has been so wonderful. I feel like I finally understand how weight loss actually works, and it's helped me to follow a WOE (way of eating) I can stick to in the long term. I'm never "dieting" again :)
  • Lynn_091819
    Lynn_091819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as I stick to it. The minute I stop using the app, the pounds creep back on. It's a wonderful source of info and keeps me accountable.