25 pounds gone!

Options
bjkoziara
bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
edited June 2019 in Success Stories
This morning I hit my first mini-goal - 25 pounds gone! Technically, it's 25.8, but who's counting? ;)

I started on May 4th after visiting the doctor and seeing 360 pounds on the scale. It was the heaviest I've ever been. I lost about 10 pounds of water weight before I started tracking in mid-May (yes, when you're my size weight comes off FAST the first couple of weeks).

I've been logging consistently - even the days I go over - for 48 days. Finally, this morning the scale said 334.2! It feels almost bittersweet, because 4 of those pounds have been lost in the last week thanks to a nasty stomach bug and the subsequent extreme deficit. It almost feels like I "cheated" somehow. I'll take the wins where I can get them, though!

Replies

• PinkFit99
    PinkFit99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great job! so motivating!
  • zepedrobaptista
    zepedrobaptista Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! keep on. It is worth it.
  • wanttobeslender
    wanttobeslender Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you bjkoziara! That is awesome! My first goal is also 25 lbs off, only I am just on lb. 8 so far. I can feel the differance in clothes though, and it feels GOOD! Gone from too tight can't breath to loose and very comfy. I am reaching for a size down that should come at the 25 lb. mark. Keep ahead of me. You inspire me, thanks!
  • bjkoziara
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, some days are easier than most.
    It's the hard days you have to look out for when temptation is all around you. During those days try and visualize how you see yourself looking in x number of days/weeks and keep that in mind.
    I lost 24 lbs a couple of years ago on here and never looked better. But the hardest part is maintenance and unless you can get that down pat, it is a life long struggle.
    I have decided to change up my calorie eating days as some days I am more hungry than others.
    Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - I will eat 1000 calories
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday 1700
    I have just bought the E300 elliptical from Body Solid - something I have being coveting for a long time - it 's a beautiful piece of equipment.
    I plan on doing an hour on the elliptical along with Tough Tape 2 from The Firm - just love those old Firm DVDs, they really do the job
    My 1000 calorie days will be 20/30 minutes on the elliptical along with 30 Day Shred
    My biggest problem is discipline. Once I start seeing results, I tend to slack off, but I plan in taking one day at a time and visualize what I want my body to look like - stomach gone, inner thigh toned up, butt, toned and smaller just to name a few things.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bjkoziara wrote: »
    This morning I hit my first mini-goal - 25 pounds gone! Technically, it's 25.8, but who's counting? ;)

I started on May 4th after visiting the doctor and seeing 360 pounds on the scale. It was the heaviest I've ever been. I lost about 10 pounds of water weight before I started tracking in mid-May (yes, when you're my size weight comes off FAST the first couple of weeks).

I've been logging consistently - even the days I go over - for 48 days. Finally, this morning the scale said 334.2! It feels almost bittersweet, because 4 of those pounds have been lost in the last week thanks to a nasty stomach bug and the subsequent extreme deficit. It almost feels like I "cheated" somehow. I'll take the wins where I can get them, though!

Much like you, we started in May. May 12 to be exact. To this day, I am down 44 lbs and my wife almost 19! I was 395 on May 12th, and now down to 351! I’d love to folllow your journey as well. Please add me as a friend! Good luck, and GREAT start!
  • bjkoziara
    Options
    bjkoziara wrote: »

Much like you, we started in May. May 12 to be exact. To this day, I am down 44 lbs and my wife almost 19! I was 395 on May 12th, and now down to 351! I’d love to folllow your journey as well. Please add me as a friend! Good luck, and GREAT start!

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations to you and your wife! Friend request sent 😊
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!