How to keep tracking

Options
Hi all .. first time I did mfp I wa really focused and got to goal easily.. then someone told me not to lose any more weight and then I lost it. I have now put half the weight back on... how do you keep focused with tracking and ignoring others opinions?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Who told you to stop?
  • SmilingSunrise
    SmilingSunrise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My dad’s wife who is very petite and eats tiny portions. For some reason I thought she might be right and ever since I have felt uncomfortable in my own skin. Family have always commented on my weight rather too skin or too podgy... so this journey is new and just for me and not for anyone else or their opinion.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    so this journey is new and just for me and not for anyone else or their opinion.

^^Then keep that in mind and don't pay attention to anyone. People need to mind their own business when it comes to other peoples' weight and body. Tell her that. :)

"I'm sorry, did you mean to offend me? I feel that my weight is my personal choice and my issue. Where did you get that lovely blouse?"
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    It's tough when it's family since you're looking for them to be a support system. Maybe try not to make a big deal of your journey at home and count on us for support. <3
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. You might consider making your newsfeed and diary public. 😉
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    It's really weird but I've found that some people are oddly threatened by others losing weight.

Maybe it's because being thinner is something they feel they 'have over' the bigger person and that's being taken away. Maybe it's because they're insecure and think that when the person loses weight they'll not have time for them anymore.

Who knows? But there's nothing you can do about other peoples reactions so smile, nod and do what you need to do for you.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    "how do you keep focused with tracking and ignoring others opinions? "

I keep focused on tracking by following a 4 week meal plan. I sit down once every 4 weeks and enter up all my food into the diary for the next 4 weeks. Each day I just make changes if I go off plan or earn enough exercise extra calories to have a treat like a glass of wine with dinner. This is working for me but everyone is different.

Just remember people giving opinions or advice can't know exactly what you need unless they are your doctor or another health professional you are seeing.