What are you looking forward to doing as you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    -I can't wait to shop at some of the cute little boutiques near me. They have such cute shirts but in store none of them carry past an XL, sometimes XXL and they tend to run small anyway. Etsy has been great but $$$ for finding those same shirts.

-I also *fingers crossed* hope that weight loss will help some of my fibro pain. I had pain when I was thinner too but the more I gained the worse it got.

-Roller coater
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    babel95 wrote: »
    This is kind of plain but I want to be in and take more pictures! I want to look back at old pictures with my future children and explain how much fun I was having, not why I didn’t want my picture taken.

That’s a big one actually! I used to hate all the pictures I was in, but since losing a lot of weight I’m surprised by how many pictures of myself I like now. I don’t shy away from the camera anymore.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    babel95 wrote: »
    This is kind of plain but I want to be in and take more pictures! I want to look back at old pictures with my future children and explain how much fun I was having, not why I didn’t want my picture taken.

Thats not plain at all. Im one of few on here I feel that doesnt have any 'before' pictures. I dont allow people to take my picture
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There are so many mini goals along the way...and this thread is awesome to remind us! I'm down 44 pounds from March and I can fit into bras I haven't been able to wear in years. I can walk miles without excruciating knee pain. I flew to Ft. Lauderdale with no problems and did spill into the seat next to me.

I'd like to be able to cross my legs again too.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    gottswald wrote: »
    I have no expectations. Not sure if that is 'good' or 'bad'. I see people set 'rewards' for hitting goal weights. I always think that is a good idea but then I can't think of an appropriate reward. What is better than being that much lighter?

I am a pound and a half from goal. As I was running around doing errands and some shopping yesterday, almost every single minute I was aware of how glorious it felt to be at this new, lower weight.

• promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Get married! I'm comfortable in my skin now and showing it to my spouse would be a bonus! Btw: I can walk, run, go up and down ladders to paint, bend, and move so much better now! Down 100 and have about 30-35 to go. Can actually walk out of my job again, have been packing and moving my house, and can breath. I hurt so bad for the past few years that I couldn't walk and stand. So thankful! Will be 60 in August and this is the best I've felt in 30 years. I've missed living bc of my weight. My stressors are down some now - my next challenge.... putting myself to bed earlier to get a whole 8 hrs sleep on a regular basis. Shooting for the stars! I feel great!
  • amberstevens7906
    amberstevens7906 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    To find jeans that actually fit me and to be able to sit it chairs low to the floor without struggling to get up
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Shop, shop, shop.....and did I say shop! Theres nothing like buying clothes and the confidence that comes along with looking good in them. Working hard comes with its rewards!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Honestly just looking forward to not hating myself!
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Get married! I'm comfortable in my skin now and showing it to my spouse would be a bonus! Btw: I can walk, run, go up and down ladders to paint, bend, and move so much better now! Down 100 and have about 30-35 to go. Can actually walk out of my job again, have been packing and moving my house, and can breath. I hurt so bad for the past few years that I couldn't walk and stand. So thankful! Will be 60 in August and this is the best I've felt in 30 years. I've missed living bc of my weight. My stressors are down some now - my next challenge.... putting myself to bed earlier to get a whole 8 hrs sleep on a regular basis. Shooting for the stars! I feel great!

Wow, that's so wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on the amazing progress 😊
  • tricia6206
    tricia6206 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love this question...I've got pretty much the same as what has been posted already
    Wear cuter clothes
    Look decent in pictures
    Keep up with my grandchildren
    More comfortable when traveling - there's a lot of hauling bags, moving - up in the morning, into the car, trip to the airport, will I fit in the seat...
    Avoid health issues
    Wear the branded clothing I get from work... I have tons of it in my closet - UA doesn't go beyond XXL in women's sizes in most items
    Looking forward to knee not hurting and lower back pain going away .... and finally,
    Being able to keep up with the housework in my townhouse - three flights of stairs!!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my weightloss journey, but there have been a bunch of things I have been able to do as I lost weight that I hadn't been able to do when I was bigger.

The first big thing was ride a horse. When I went on a vacation in January, I was able to go riding with my wife because I was under the weight limit for the horses. I had been over it when I started on my journey.

This weekend I went scuba diving for the first time in almost 13 years. I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing that when I was at my heaviest.

In general I've been able to do a lot more active things. Hikes and races and different activities that I wouldn't have been able to do before. A big part of that is connected to getting in fitness shape, which is related to weight loss but not the same thing. However carrying a lot less weight around on myself has certainly made it easier.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I realised today as yet again I squeezed out of my car in a tight parking space that there might be a time when I dont have to have the car door at the widest open it will go to manage to get out the car.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    1. Not dread squeezing into an airplane seat belt.
    2. Let my partner pick me up. I know he can, but it makes me feel so fat.
    3. Feel sexy "on top" again (trying to keep that safe for work)
    4. Ride in a tandem kayak
    5. Wear regular shorts. Right now I'm only comfortable in long bike shorts.
    6. CROP TOPS