10 months ago I began my current journey

Options
pierinifitness
pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
On August 31, 2018 I reported to pierinifitness bootcamp with me as the drill sergeant. Despite having over 25 years of being fit and at a good weight, a hiccup allowed me to drop my guard and it wasn’t long before I experienced weight gain and fitness erosion. I made a business decision that day, weighing 210.8 lbs. that I was going to fix my problem.

Ten months later, I’m averaging 172 lbs. and hit my target weight range of 172-177 lbs. on February 20th, one day after my 64th birthday.

How did I do it?

Intermittent fasting programmed for a 1.5 lb. per week weight loss.

I train doing pull-ups and chin-ups, bar dips, kettlebells complex workouts, running and walking.

Because I sit for a living, my workouts must be challenging and significant to balance things out.

I don’t train to make my muscles bigger but for cardiovascular conditioning and strength endurance.

Hope to make more progress as I approach the one year anniversary in a couple months of my current fitness, health and journey.

To all 60-something men and women just starting or having a ways to go, hang in there because YOU CAN DO IT. You just need desire, discipline, patience and perseverance.

Note: all photos are recent as in June 2019.

cowv7slllsha.jpeg

d9xtplsods1f.jpeg

tfplasgts04v.jpeg

Replies