New to Fitness Pal

Options
Hello everyone, A friend of mine recommended this app about a month ago. I like how the food tracking is laid out with the nutritional information. I am still learning my way around the app. I have lost and regained the same thirty to fifty lbs over the years and would like to maintain a healthy body weight. I tend to use food for comfort. I know it will require a change in my consciousness, for the weight to be released along with changes in eating habits and exercise routine. I am looking forward to this journey with this community😀

Replies

• eaglebob1960
    eaglebob1960 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 59 year old retired teacher who hasn't been in shape for over 40 years. I'm starting to have a few health scares here and there, so I am trying to change my ways. Thank you to Under Armor for supplying these great apps to help people like me!
  • Lynn_091819
    Lynn_091819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do this!
  • catlover05021961
    catlover05021961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a health scare that nearly killed me. I am changing my ways. I am tracking all my food and walking about 7 to eight miles a day. I am losing weight but at a very slow rate. I know it didn't come on overnight and I will not lose it overnight. My problem is I go for it until I lose about 30 lbs then I feel I start to look better and tell myself I can throw in a cheat day. One cheat day leads to another and soon I am totally off track. I need accountability and people to keep me honest. I have 53 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weigh and be at a healthy weight. So is there anyone out there to help me. I will gladly be there for someone else.