Time to restart... looking for support

Options
Hey everyone. Names Kevin, been a long time lurker, and now, at 30 it’s time to stop making excuses.

I’ve got a beautiful Bride, 2 wonderful children and a 3rd just around the corner.

I’ve also decided that just because I was denied back in 2010 from joining the Air Force, doesn’t mean I can’t try again. Will I likely be the oldest in my flight if I get in? Yeah. But so what?

I have the desire to do this, and have already started by eating better, drinking more water and tea and cutting wayyyy back on carbonated beverages.

What I am looking for, as I’ve not been in the greatest shape for many years, is a place to start and some kind and generous people to help guide me and motivate me a bit more than I already am.

-Kevin

Replies

• celumii
    celumii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat feel free to add me
  • Porkieyorkie28
    Porkieyorkie28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free tonadd me. Now mid 40s, lost some gained some, need to do it all over again!
  • Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There is plenty of support here. While I am too old for any military I have recently thought about learning to fly (have not even mentioned it to my husband as I know he will be adamantly against it).

Good luck with your family and your goals
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Go get in, and be the voice of wisdom. The buff voice of wisdom!
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Kevin. Greetings from the Mediterranean :)
  • jojomariemfp
    jojomariemfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I got your 6! Add me!
  • jojomariemfp
    jojomariemfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just posted this myself: Listen, I fell into a bad place and I’m determined to get out of it. I have lost 80 pounds using MFP before. It works! I can help you but right now I need YOU to help ME do this again. Hold me accountable! Look at my log starting tomorrow. I have a baked goods addiction. My name is Joanne and I am addicted to sugar. I am getting an elliptical and I need to use it. I own a business and work from home so I need to get out more. Add me as a friend!
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Thank you one and all for your outpouring of support.
  • Delynne2127
    Delynne2127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am using the Keto plan to get a good jumpstart on the weight loss. It took me a couple of weeks to get it all down, but I am doing well with it and have lost 16.5 lbs in 30 days, and that is with zero exercise because I am injured. If I could add exercise in, I can’t imagine how much better I would be doing! The best part is that I am also learning how to eat low carb and hopefully will make it a lifetime commitment!! Good for you Kevin!! Go get em!
  • Klacap02
    Klacap02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on the upswing since a big loss a year and a half ago. Everyone can add me too. I need all the friends and support I can get!!
  • Lloydnolan68
    Lloydnolan68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi am interested please add me thanks
  • catlover05021961
    catlover05021961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will gladly help if you help me. I need all the encouragement I can get.
  • Dakar58
    Dakar58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Kevin!

I’m a sugar addict like Joanne. I need to kick the habit.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    having a growing family is time consuming and many of us put our fitness goals on hold during that time. You are not alone. Congrats on finding a goal to motivate you to put yourself first.. your kids and wife will be the first to benefit from you being more fit and healthy. Congrats, and best of luck to you on your journey. :)