Need ideas of what to add to my oatmeal

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
So again, im at the end of my day and no where near my caloric intake. I'm thinking of eating some oatmeal before i go to bed, but even if i do that i still have at least 82 more calories to add. There is no way i can even eat the calories i burned today (add 157 on to that). So what do you put in your oatmeal to kick it up?

Replies

• nas24
    Options
    The oatmeal is already golden brown sugar, 200 cals
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Chop up a banana, or add almonds, or chopped apple! Yum...
    I'm hungry now..
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    What about some walnuts or almonds? That's what I do with mine.
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    blueberries, bananas, sliced apples, sliced strawberries
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    nuts have lots of cals and healthy fat and oils. 1/4 cup unsalted cashews are 160, and fruit.
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • nas24
    Options
    Dont think i have any almonds or any other nuts, but i have all of these other ideas. Now if only my stomach can make some room :sick:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

yup.

another option is cottage cheese, if you need some protein. sounds weird, i know. just try it...
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    put some protein powder in it...I love to put vanilla protein powder, fruit, and cinnamin.....so yummy!!
  • kaylynn54
    kaylynn54 Posts: 141
    Options
    So again, im at the end of my day and no where near my caloric intake. I'm thinking of eating some oatmeal before i go to bed, but even if i do that i still have at least 82 more calories to add. There is no way i can even eat the calories i burned today (add 157 on to that). So what do you put in your oatmeal to kick it up?

I actually like a tablespoon of peanut butter in my oatmeal. When I want to indulge, i will put a tablespoon of Nutella in it. YUM!!!
  • Steem707
    Steem707 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ground or chopped flax seeds. Buttery taste and omega 3 fats (the good kind of fat).
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    sugar free jelly or agave
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Honey! Yum.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I put pb and banana in mine pretty regularly. I've been skipping the banana in an effort to minimize sugar.

I have been known to cook my eggs and oats in the same dish, then eat them on the same spoonful. Yes, they taste just fine (to me :smile:)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how you make yours, but when I have a small amount of cals to burn I use water to make it and if I have more to burn I use Milk to make it!! It is way yummy and adds some calories with out more food to stuff your full tummy:) Try that if you are not already doing that.
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    I love to add sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and a little brown sugar/Splenda mix. This gives you some calories, protein, sugar, etc. Gives it a little kick and crunch. Got the idea from Starbucks who has THE BEST oatmeal ever. Fruit/nut mix and brown sugar pkg come separate so you can add what you want.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I always start with plain oatmeal so I can add whatever I want, but I put in chopped walnuts, blueberries or blackberries and cinnamon
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    raisins! some honey or brown sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup...the list is endless! :P
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Maple Syrup?
    Honey?
    Teddy Grahams?
    Chopped Dates?
  • Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I add vanilla, cinnamon, blueberries and sliced banana. Love the idea of peanut butter so think I will try that soon!