Do you count breaks?

Options
Hey all :] I am taking Military Science Physical Training at my Uni

We do pushups, situps, run, stairs... everything!

I just start my HRM at the beginning and turn it off at the end. Is this accurate even tho we have rest periods of standing at attention and listening to orders? SInce my heart rate drops almost to resting...

just making sure its accurate :]

Replies

• xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i would assume so, thats how i would use it.
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I usually wait until my HR returns to normal, or at least below 100 to turn my HRM off. Don't know if I'm doing it right but I burn so much more AFTER my workout than during my workout usually.
    Am I doing it wrong???
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Yeah, I burn hella calories during my breaks because my heart rate will stay up!
  • Maydalis
    Maydalis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    if you're standing at attention so long that your heart rate drops to resting then, yea, you should turn it off. But realistically, if you're called to attention right after performing an exercise or told to start an exercise from attention, there's no time to mess with the HRM. Just keep in mind that the method MFP provides is based on approximations and we can never be exact (unless you have a continuous wear HRM like bodybugg). As long as you see progress with what you're doing, there's no need to change it.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It's only a rough estimate anyway--especially for that type of exercise, so it's not worth the trouble of trying to switch it off and on.