Starting again, would love support and friends

Hello!

As stated, I'm not new but I'm restarting. I have approximately 50lbs to lose, recovering from a recent cardiac event at Easter and have significant mental health barriers to contend with so I would love a support system of people who are in a similar boat.

I'm Shonna.

Replies

• karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Hey, I'm starting over too :^) caught a glimpse of myself in the dressing room today and realized... I really really want to do this for myself. I feel you with the mental health stuff, it can be reallyyy hard to stay on track when you have that battle to get through first! Rooting for you Shonna :^D
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Hi there. You can add me. I suffer from depression. I also am trying to lose the 20 pounds I put back on.
  • VickyObe
    VickyObe Posts: 15 Member
    I fell off track last fall/winter. I’m going to start again too. My first go around I was quite successful losing 70 lbs. I’m struggling to get back in it and track those calories (and stay within limits). I would love some extra friends! I struggle with depression, mostly winter blues but it’s mid summer and this episode is hanging onto me. I would like lose 20 lbs.
  • SHEFITT45
    SHEFITT45 Posts: 25 Member
    Hello ladies! I am also starting over. I have had more “day 1’s” then I can count. I gained a little over 30lbs, and my goal is to get down to a healthy weight for my height and age. My goal weight is 145, and I am 5’6. Happy weight loss to you all and good luck on your journeys!
  • KaeMarieXO
    KaeMarieXO Posts: 75 Member
    I’m behind you n support the whole way I’m looking for new friends so anybody feel free to add
  • Dakar58
    Dakar58 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi all, I’ve been a member for a while now, just reading the forums, not posting until today. I’m ready to beat my sugar addiction once and for all. I would happily add any of you as friends but I don’t know how.
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Shonna, am starting again (again, again, again) too. Crawling back from a severe few months with mental health as well
  • paba2025
    paba2025 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Shonna,
    Thank you for starting this thread. I am also returning after being away a couple of years. I have a 100+ to lose but getting too old to keep carrying all this extra weight. Similar, that I know what I need to do but have emotional and mental barriers too. Hope we can all support each other to get healthy and feel better.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Good morning, Shonna! I have depression and suffer from binge eating. I see my therapist every 2 weeks and I also see a dietician for the BE. It's a rough road. While I'm dealing with this, I'm also caring for my 19 year old that is Bipolar 1. I'm sending you a friend request. You are not in this alone!
  • Dakar58
    Dakar58 Posts: 11 Member
    KaeMarieXO wrote: »
    I’m behind you n support the whole way I’m looking for new friends so anybody feel free to add

Hi KaeMarie,

I think I’ve just worked out how to add friends so I’ve added you :)

I’m not very good with forums. Is there any way I can find all comments I have made, so I can find threads I have posted on?

Sorry for being a numpty.

• mandyslilja
    mandyslilja Posts: 6 Member
    Hello you can add me. I’m starting again too and I’ve struggled with depression a good chunk of my life. I have a therapist I see and she helps some. I have some physical problems too with my lungs and therefore I’m unable to work. Decided to add meditation into the mix and see if that helps. Feel free to add me. I’m Mandy.
  • rachellsayer
    rachellsayer Posts: 4 Member
    I'm starting over too. I did great several years ago but I've gained all of it back! Slippery slope! I also got married and that means lifestyle changes making it harder to do meal planning when I now have to take into account another person. I could use all the encouragement I can get to stay on track!
  • SlimmerDownNow2020
    SlimmerDownNow2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all! I am too starting over again. I had great success before with MyFitnessPal, and counting calories. I also decreased my meat intake. Since then (about 5 years ago) I am heavier than ever before with a goal of a 66 pound weight loss. I'm looking for some motivation and comradery as the journey to weight loss is never easy.
  • Feel free to add me, I just started again too.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Good morning, Shonna! I have depression and suffer from binge eating. I see my therapist every 2 weeks and I also see a dietician for the BE. It's a rough road. While I'm dealing with this, I'm also caring for my 19 year old that is Bipolar 1. I'm sending you a friend request. You are not in this alone!

Thank you!

I am also Bipolar I. Your child is lucky to have you! I didnt get diagnosed until I'd walked away from my marriage, was on my own and raising my own child. It's definitely been a learning experience.❤
  • amcarpla
    amcarpla Posts: 8 Member
    This thread is a godsend. I legit just today re downloaded the app for the like millionth time and am starting over again. Feel free to add me! We got this!
  • semckinney
    semckinney Posts: 2 Member
    I am restarting as well. Just logged back in this afternoon. We can make each other accountable!
  • liztheonlylizzie
    liztheonlylizzie Posts: 12 Member
    Hello!

As stated, I'm not new but I'm restarting. I have approximately 50lbs to lose, recovering from a recent cardiac event at Easter and have significant mental health barriers to contend with so I would love a support system of people who are in a similar boat.

I'm Shonna.

Hi Shonna! I know where you're coming from. I'll be rooting you on. I'm starting over as well and trying to stay determined. Good luck!!!
  • berryhillkelsie93
    berryhillkelsie93 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m here with you to support along the way I’m starting here new too have once before but didn’t stick to it. I’m at the heaviest I’ve ever been and trying to get on track and lose this weight it’s hard but with some motivational support i think we all can do it ! Does anyone have an recipes they want to share on what they eat etc ? Or maybe exercise ideas ? I’ve been walking the past 3 days
  • fitnesscat2014
    fitnesscat2014 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hello!

- feel free to add me as a friend! I tried adding people but i guess my WiFi is being glitchy today.