I have no idea how to do this!

Okay so I’m looking to tone my body, mainly get booty gains. But I have no idea how too. I’m 5’3 130 pounds, my maintenance is 1690 calories. How much above maintenance should I eat? How do I keep the extra calories I’m consuming from turning into fat in my fat dense areas (areas where my fat tends to gather the most). How do I eat the extra calories without getting chunky? Can someone give me the full run down because I’m literally clueless about the whole gaining muscle but not getting chunky thing!

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    In your case, I would look into recomp vs gaining, unless you are very ultra lean and ripped and want to put on some weight.

With recomp you eat at maintenance to gain muscle and lose fat slowly over time, make sure you get adequate protein (min 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight or lean body mass if you know), also follow a proper progressive lifting program. Something like Strong Curves is good to start and is focused on the glutes.

If you do want to gain, you will gain fat wherever you are genetically predisposed to unfortunately. A small surplus and proper programming can help. However again unless you are very low bodyfat I would not recommend that route for you right now.

Awesome thank you so much!
  • boomersports123
    boomersports123 Posts: 20 Member
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts, reverse leg curls. Good advice on diet above
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    In your case, I would look into recomp vs gaining, unless you are very ultra lean and ripped and want to put on some weight.

With recomp you eat at maintenance to gain muscle and lose fat slowly over time, make sure you get adequate protein (min 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight or lean body mass if you know), also follow a proper progressive lifting program. Something like Strong Curves is good to start and is focused on the glutes.

Do you still eat back exercise calories?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Mcwi3681 wrote: »

Do you still eat back exercise calories?

Yes, otherwise you'd be in deficit. You want to be eating around maintenance which includes exercise.
  • mrlathanfamily7758
    mrlathanfamily7758 Posts: 6 Member
    Add me im new