Detox

bosskitty
bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
Has anybody tried the Apple Cider Vinegar Detox and does it work?

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    @SueSueDio Snarls traffic :D:D
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    @SueSueDio Snarls traffic :D:D

Because of everybody stopping in the middle of the street to discuss how awesome it is, of course!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    5r4t329u5dup.gif

ob7srbqii3xd.jpg

But I don't want to repel polar bears! /pouts/
  • SueSueDio
    puffbrat wrote: »

Safety first!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    OMG, you guys are killing me here... 😂
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    I have the perfect detox recipe. It usually cost 49.95, but for you.... free... its 2 tbsp Epsom salt, lemon juice, warm water, tears of a virgin, dragons tongue, only (fresh will work), tap with Merlin's wand 3 times and consume. Guaranteed you will detox 4 or 5 times! Trust me! I am a snake oil salesman!😏
  • SueSueDio
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I have the perfect detox recipe. It usually cost 49.95, but for you.... free... its 2 tbsp Epsom salt, lemon juice, warm water, tears of a virgin, dragons tongue, only (fresh will work), tap with Merlin's wand 3 times and consume. Guaranteed you will detox 4 or 5 times! Trust me! I am a snake oil salesman!😏

Do you have to use the entire dragon's tongue? I mean, those things are huge... Feed a family of four for a week, at least!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Nope, but you have to catch
    psychod787 wrote: »

Do you have to use the entire dragon's tongue? I mean, those things are huge... Feed a family of four for a week, at least!

Nope, but you have to kill your own dragon with a whiffle ball bat! 😝
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    5r4t329u5dup.gif

ob7srbqii3xd.jpg

Don't you care that the authorities will likely have to kill the polar bear after it kills you? Why do you hate the polar bears so much?! :wink:
  • bosskitty
    bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
    I’ll take that as a no then.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    g44009.gif

*no point to post - just likes pretty dragon ;)

Seriously OP - no, you do not need ACV detox.

If you like ACV in salad or as a dressing or even a drink - then use it.
    If not, then dont.

It has no magic weight loss or detox properties.

(some people say it helps with digestive issues, heartburn, or such like - that may be so.)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    5r4t329u5dup.gif

"Lowers shields"

tenor.gif?itemid=5445593

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    bosskitty wrote: »

A hard no. Think about it: if something that has been around for thousands of years had magical properties it would not only be touted in every medical book but science would have broken it down into its elements to identify the active ingredient and offered it in pill form (like they did with aspirin).

Vinegar DOES have some helpful properties (mostly related to the mild acetic acid in it) but it is all vinegar, not just ACV. It helps neutralize hard water when cleaning. It can gently remove skin tags for those who don't want to have then snipped or burned off. It can restore freshly washed hair to a neutral pH. There is some correlation to a slight reduction in blood sugar (enough that it warrants further study but not enough to say it actually works). It can help reduce heartburn in some, but increase heartburn in others.
  • SueSueDio
    bosskitty wrote: »

I'm sure many people have tried this so-called detox. Some of them even claim it works. Those people are misguided. It doesn't do what it's claimed to do, but ACV does have some other uses.

(As mentioned above, some people find it helps with heartburn (others say it makes it worse), and it had plenty of uses in recipes and as a hair rinse, etc. But "detox"? No.)