Calorie Counting

Options
I am wondering, if you go over your daily calories, should you try to do less calories over a couple of days to still come out with the goal per week or just let a bad day go and stick to the daily amount. Ex...1200 per day for 8400 per week. 1420 on one day, should you try to eliminate 220 calories over the next few days to still end up at 8400 for the week?

Replies

• betsymoomoo
    betsymoomoo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If I eat that little, I know I will have a cheat day. It's really not a lot of food for myself. But personally I would never go below 1200 so I think I would just take that day as a needed extra, or try to do a little extra walking that day.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    If it's the occasional thing, then log it and move on.

There are many of us that follow a weekly calorie goal, so I intentionally have higher and lower days. There needs to be balance though. Over-restricting can lead to binging, so it's good to not swing too low. I usually have days that are 200ish under and then some that are 200ish over.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    deezhd67 wrote: »
    I am wondering, if you go over your daily calories, should you try to do less calories over a couple of days to still come out with the goal per week or just let a bad day go and stick to the daily amount. Ex...1200 per day for 8400 per week. 1420 on one day, should you try to eliminate 220 calories over the next few days to still end up at 8400 for the week?

I just write it off. Typically if I go over I do not go over enough to stop losing weight unless I am eating more intentionally. I can accept that some days I will lose a little less than others.

How much are you trying to lose each week?
  • deezhd67
    deezhd67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 1-2 lbs per week. I just started this plan last week and I did lose 2 lbs. Thank you for all of the info. I'm just going to write it off and move forward each day :)