Hello Again :)

Options
Hello, my name is Joanna and this is my second time using this app. I had amazing success about 5 years ago (I lost nearly 70 lbs), but then I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor 3 years ago.

This tumor caused an insane amount of weight gain due to hormonal imbalance it created, and since it was producing growth hormone I was diagnosed with the rare disorder Acromegaly (about 5 people per million are diagnosed a year). This disorder causes incredible joint pain, inflammation, and horrible headaches. I had brain surgery to remove the tumor, which was successful, and went on to have my second child in the same year. I found out the tumor returned and underwent gamma radiation to hopefully destroy the tumor cells. I'm currently in the waiting period to see if the radiation worked, but I'm still stuck with the weight the tumor caused in the first place.

I'm trying to break down the walls associated with this disorder and I want to prove to myself that I can achieve my goals again. I think it's important for my two boys to see that although I was handed a crappy health situation, I can still achieve anything that I set my mind to (such as finishing my 5th college degree this past May).

I'm starting slowly, by walking briskly for 2.5 hours a week and adding strength training as often as my body will allow me to do it. Ideally, I'd love to be able to run again, and weight loss would be an added bonus.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Replies

• tubbycupcakes
    tubbycupcakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Do you have a fitbit?
  • jojobarton163
    jojobarton163 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit yet, I really want to get one soon though. Do you have one and if so, do you find that it helps with staying on track with your fitness goals?