Breakfast options for dairy and egg free

Options
fitmek
fitmek Posts: 277 Member
Hey everyone! My ENT told me to stay away from eggs and dairy for 4 weeks. My normal breakfast was always 2 eggs or an omelet or scramble. I don’t like eating oatmeal every day bc of the carb and sugar content. Does anyone have any other ideas for decently quick breakfasts?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches? Dinner leftovers?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Peanut butter to the rescue! BP and banana sandwich! Goes great with coffee.

I agree with leftovers. I think they make great breakfasts.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I just discovered blueberry Cheerios. With Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk, comes in under 200 calories.
    As others suggested, I like PB2 on a toasted Light English muffin with sliced banana. Depending on the size of the banana, around 200 calories.
  • fitmek
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

I have to limit my Peanut and wheat intake as well, just not as much as egg and dairy. Could you do almond butter?

• fitmek
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Avocado toast with a side of berries. Yum.
    . This sounds really good! I usually have berries every morning anyways, so I’ll have to rotate this in 😊

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    fitmek wrote: »

I have to limit my Peanut and wheat intake as well, just not as much as egg and dairy. Could you do almond butter?

You can do whatever you like. I love almond butter.

I think opening your options up to more than just typical breakfast foods will be helpful.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sadly, pizza isn’t dairy free.

Try an international breakfast like Norwegian or Japanese. The Japanese breakfast may be based off Miso soup. The Norwegian could be smoked or pickled herring and toast.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest avocado on toast too. Also smoked salmon on toast with a squeeze of lemon and pepper. Other smoked fish such as smoked mackerel and trout.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    There is no reason breakfast food needs to be anything resembling traditional "breakfast". That's a cultural/marketing thing, not a health thing. Eat the foods you normally like to eat in the afternoon and evening, just in the morning.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Asian breakfast. Noodle soups such as laksa and pho.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    fitmek wrote: »

You can do whatever you want.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sausage, avocado toast, turkey sandwich, nuts, fruit...
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    All the bacon. And some fruit.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like apple or banana with almond or sunflower butter(or whole almonds or walnuts), or mixed vegetables with nutritional yeast or meat(usually dinner leftovers).
  • Jaynerose626
    Jaynerose626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Stewed apple with oats and a myriad of spices to taste. Some nuts and berries on top as an option. It's basically apple crumble reformatted.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    You can Google AIP breakfasts as all will be dairy, egg, gluten, nut free.

You can make a hash ahead of time with sweet potato or white potato, onion, other veg and sausage/ ham/ bacon etc. Just reheat in the morning. It can be versatile depending on what or if you top it with. Salsa, oregano and lemon, gochujang etc etc.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »
    My go to is overnight oats, I make five servings at at a time so I have five days worth of breakfast. I use oats, dairy free yogurt (typically almond milk based), unsweetened almond milk, protein powder (dairy free), and then I add fruit and seasoning - whatever you like. It is filling, nutritious, and really quick to make. My favorite recipe comes in at 275 calories.

Me too! I should try the protein powder - I currently use chia seed as the thickener, unsweetened almond milk, a splash of vanilla, cinnamon, and whatever fruit I have on hand. I usually add PB Powder but doesn't sound like that will work for the OP right now.
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I blend up: 1 banana, ~200ml almond milk, ~200ml coconut milk(I dont measure anymore), 1 scoop vegan protein (I use MyProtein Vegan Chocolate)

I then smash a handful of almonds to get my fats up.

Takes in its entirety to about 4 mins to prep/drink/eat and be on my way

Fits my macros and satiates me until lunch.

SIMPLES