Hot Yoga - fear of failure.

Conquered my fear of failure and went to my first hot yoga class. The teacher was amazing and basically said everyone can’t do it all - and that’s ok. You can just lay down for 90 minutes and know you did the hardest part showing up. Everyone was super supportive and kind. Truly loved it and I’m so happy I didn’t let my inner scared of everything voice win today.

Replies

• Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Yay! Good for you. I love hot yoga. It's been very good for my mind and my body.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    It’s amazing how much we let fear stop us from walking through the door and more often than not once we step through we’re left with only the question why did we wait so long.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    I am an extremely fearful person. So I have spent my entire life pushing myself and intentionally doing things that were scary to me: bungee jumping, back-packing alone through Europe, bicycle racing, boxing lessons, running a 10K, performing on stage, taking an art class when I can't draw a straight line, taking French lessons at a college with students less than half my age, buying a little manual-shift convertible when I had never driven a stick, taking vacations by myself, flying lessons, starting my own business.... I could go on and on and on. Funny thing is, when I look back on my life - all of these things turn out to be the highlights.....
  • nknis8556
    nknis8556 Posts: 26 Member
    Fantastic! One of the many great things about yoga--it isn't competitive. Once I internalized this, the jealousy I once felt for the "pretzel people" quickly transformed into a deep sort of admiration.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    So guys... yeah... checking in... I just saw this post again and I realized... HOLY WOW - I've been doing Yoga for almost a year now. Sure the COVID thing put a damper on my Hot Yoga classes; and yes, some months I went 20 days and some I went 5... but I've been doing it. I keep coming back. I don't think I've ever stuck with any kind of activity other than walking for more than a year..