Motivation

Options
I competed in CrossFit for 5 years and I recently switched over to powerlifting. I am trying to get into the 63 kg weight class. I'm curious what people do to stay on track and motivated while cutting (especially during the summer time). I currently weigh about 142 at 5'2".

Replies

• Morningstar25
    Morningstar25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I try to motivate myself by imagining what I can become and what I could be. Afterall I think not working for it leaves me exactly where I am now. Which is no progress
  • mrlathanfamily7758
    mrlathanfamily7758 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me for motivation
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think you've got to have a goal in mind. I think the "get into the 63 kg weight class" is only part of it. What are your powerlifting goals?

My goal (fwiw) is to join the 1000 lb club while limiting myself to two days per week at strength training. I've had a slight glute injury this year so I'm not adding weight to the bar and so I've instead been cutting (seems like forever) and doing lighter/higher reps to not aggravate my glute (appears to be working). My thought is, that if I get cut down to lower bodyfat I'll be able to bulk for a longer time once my glute is feeling better- hopefully break into the 1000 lb club later this year (at age 50). As I think it over, my unwritten sub-goal is also not get too fat in getting there!

Seems to me that if you've been competing in Crossfit for five years- you're plenty motivated!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Motivation springs from what you value most. One of my core values is to be lean and fit. My motivation to cut and workout comes from that core value.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think discipline trumps motivation, at least for me...