Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Kinda overwhelmed!

Hello everyone! I’m back on MFP after a 2 week break, I manage to gained the 7lbs I’d lost 😫 I’m very committed this time though but to be honest this can be very overwhelming, I mean they’re sooo much stuff to learn what food are good which are not etc.

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    No food is “good” or “bad” for weight loss as long as you’re in a calorie deficit. You could lose weight eating only deep-fried Oreos as long as you burn more calories than you consume. Unfortunately, because deep-fried Oreos are very calorie-dense (a lot of calories for a small amount of food), you’d be pretty hungry often. Eating foods lower in calories allows you to eat more, so you stay fuller for longer. Eating only deep-fried Oreos would also adversely affect your overall health after a while (not getting enough vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc.), but weight loss is all about calories – Eat fewer than you burn, in whatever form suits you, and you’ll lose weight.

It shouldn't be hard or overwhelming. Take baby steps at first. Just log your food rather than trying to change your diet drastically. After a few weeks, you should be in the habit of entering everything you eat and drink into your MFP diary. Then you can go back and figure out where you can make reasonable, not-too-drastic adjustments to get to your calorie goal. Use MFP's guided setup to determine your calorie goal based on your age/height/weight/activity.

This post will expand on how to be successful using MFP: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck! The forums are full of great people and resources to help you if you run into any snags.
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    It's good that you're back! But yeah, a lot of time thinking that certain foods are good or bad winds up to a person thinking THEY are good or bad, depending on what they eat. That can be destructive mindset to approach this with. Remember, this is not a test and you will not be graded.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I eat the foods I enjoy and base my plan around them. Fill out the food diary truthfully and see what happens. 😉
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    @D1Maye23 Hi, there! Speaking from experience, make sure you're drinking your water through the day. Otherwise your body's going to hold on to every drop and then it will be on the scale as a weight gain. (My body hates me and does that regardless of what I do, but I digress).

As others have said, no food is "good" or "bad," it's what we do/don't do with it. If you it whatever you want, don't track what you eat, don't exercise and don't drink your water, well, you won't really see what you want to see on the scale. So eat what you like, track truthfully, start walking or doing an activity you enjoy (I combine my walking with playing PokemonGo) and go from there.
  • D1Maye23
    D1Maye23 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks Maria !!
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    I know a lot of people are saying no foods are good or bad but I guess that’s within reason. Don’t make your calorie goal and hit it with pop tarts and French fries y’know? You might be missing some other nutrients lol. Looks for nutritious foods, but if you want, also allow for a few treats as long as it’s not over indulging and you hit your macros! They key is to have a diet that is sustainable for you so you stick to it!
  • serenagilbert
    serenagilbert Posts: 10 Member
    Man it’s definitely hard as a women to lose and keep off the weight. Just keep eating and working out the way you were when you lost the weight :) if you gained 7 pounds it could just be some muscle (muscle weighs more than fat ofc). Or it couldve been water weight and will go in a day or two. Also don’t weigh yourself everyday or even every other day. I would do like once a week or you’ll go crazy because of the weight fluctuations. Keep it up girl, you got this ❤️ I’m definitely in the same frustrating boat dude.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    You can do this