July Challenge: Maintainers Back on Track Thread

sofchak
sofchak Posts: 862 Member
edited July 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
This challenge is specific to Maintainers who may have lost a little enthusiasm along the journey to better health or simply need to refocus efforts - let’s use this space as a discussion / accountability thread to get back on track and ultimately back in goal range. Check in as often as you like (weekly or bi-weekly preferred).

I just ask that you focus on up to three things:

1. Your current goal - can be big (like run a 10k or lose 10 lbs by Christmas) or small (like eat at a deficit 2 days a week or lose 1/2 lb a week)
2. Recent success - this can be tied to your goal (lost 3 lbs!) or a completely separate NSV (lost a pant size or ran a mile without stopping)
3. Strategy - how are you planning to meet your goal?

Here goes...

Name:
How long in maintenance:
Goal maintenance range:
Current weight:
Current goal:
Recent success:
Strategy for your goal:

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Jul 1 - total CI/1703, CO/1890. OK so a small deficit, but one all the same.

@sofchak looks like its just two of us on this thread, hoping more will join us cos there are people in the same boat out there for sure :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @jan110144 it takes a while to figure out TDEE but with figuring that out comes a confidence.
  • MoTownSweat
    MoTownSweat Posts: 26 Member
    Name: Meg
    How long in maintenance: 1 year
    Goal maintenance range: 120-123
    Current weight: 126.2
    Current goal: 125
    Recent success: I ate fruit instead of a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and weighed myself instead of avoiding the scale
    Strategy for your goal: I’ve fallen into a habit of eating high calorie foods daily (bagels, bars, pastries). If I can plan meals ahead of time I’ll get into the routine of saving those foods for special ocassions again.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited July 2019
    @MoTownSweat that's actually a pretty nifty idea that breakfast food swap you did, way to reduce calories in that one meal :smile:
    I find it works for me to just cut out a night time snack - which for me is usually a packet of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps 127cals and a snack sized choc bar i.e Kit kat at 100 cals. I can only do that for so long though! I need want a little chocolate most days LOL
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member

Name:jrwms714
    How long in maintenance:4.5 years
    Goal maintenance range: 136.5-138.5
    Current weight:139.5
    Current goal:range above
    Recent success: n/a. I keep yo-yoing from 138.5-140.0 Not where I want to be!
    Strategy for your goal: I still am cutting out snacks after dinner, which is a major help. What I really need to do is watch what I buy every three weeks after my hairdresser appointment (yes, go figure!) but especially when I go to Trader Joe's. It is a MINEFIELD of snacks for me, and not the healthy ones! I'd totally avoid it, except our essentials are there: favorite coffees, eggs, Tangerine juice, etc. These are two habits that I have to break. I have had success doing that in the past, but slipping back to it once again. And the snacks that I buy don't even really taste all that great.
    @LivingtheLeanDream, nice to see your helpful, encouraging comments on this particular forum. People seem to post and let it go; that helps me, I know, when I do it, but engaging in conversation about the post is even more of a help!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @jrwms714 you're right, it's others commenting and supporting that helps spur us on.

I'm going on holiday now so it'll be only now and again I can drop by here.

@fh1951 my friend you are only a little above your range, nip it in the bud and keep your eyes on the prize. You have done so well. God bless.
    Ruth
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    One day of calorie deficit and exercise and I’m down to 188 from 192. Water weight...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @nowine4me excellent to maintain while on vacay :smile: I'd love to do that! We're heading on our cruise today and I'm aiming to eat only slightly above TDEE, from past experience there's no point me trying to try to eat less - I can work on losing a few extra pounds when I return.

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Ruth
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    fh1951 wrote: »
    One day of calorie deficit and exercise and I’m down to 188 from 192. Water weight...

Don't you love water weight whooshes :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Ok so I'm officially cruise bound today and won't be checking in much here for the next two weeks. Keep focused friends :smile:
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Ok so I'm officially cruise bound today and won't be checking in much here for the next two weeks. Keep focused friends :smile:
    🛳🛳🛳👍👍👍
  • MoTownSweat
    MoTownSweat Posts: 26 Member
    Name: Meg
    How long in maintenance: 1 year
    Goal maintenance range: 120-123
    July 3rd: 126
    July 17th: 126
    Current goal: 125
    Recent success: I didn’t gain weight on vacation
    Strategy for your goal: Being more mindful about calorie dense foods (eg, nuts, bars and granola in moderation). Reduce late night eating.
  • Nijntjepleintje
    Nijntjepleintje Posts: 17 Member
    Name: Nijntje
    How long in maintenance: around 9 months
    Goal maintenance range: 112-118
    Trendweight 14th July: 122.3
    Trendweight 21st July: 121.3
    Current goal: 116
    Recent successes: Well, I’ve dropped a bit, suggesting that some of that gain had been water, but also suggesting that in the last 3 weeks I’ve gained around 2lb of actual weight. I’m feeling really frustrated with myself - I do well for a little while, then blow it. My clothes still fit but I feel like I’m getting squishier.
    Strategies for success: Think about why I’m eating what I’m eating - a lot of the time recently it’s not because I’m hungry, but just because I just feel like it. Really try to think about whether I really need those biscuits/cake/chocolate - the answer is probably not!