this needs to work!

Options
hi! I had a baby a year ago. before that i never had any problems losing weight, and was looking great at 160 lbs. Now i need to lose 45lbs to get back there. I have cut out so many foods, been exercising with Jillian Michaels, and nothing. i'm hoping the foods i'm eating have too many calories, and this system will help me out. my doctor told me "exercising is not worth it" and told me to joing weight watchers because weighing in with a person will encourage me to eat healthy. i already do that with my fiance, and there is NOTHING worse than that especially when he is super thin!! honestly, i just miss feeling confident in myself, and feeling comfortable in my clothes, jeans are so uncomfortable when you're a fatty.

Replies

• elvisbabe304
    Options
    I had my first son 7 and a half months ago and I to am trying to lose the weight!!! It sucks and its harder than it has ever been...I agree, jeans are SO uncomfortable, and it is so discouraging being in the 200 weight bracket...i have 15 pounds and I am out of that hellacious number! My hubby is thin as well. but just keep your eye on the goal! You will be in shape for your son and our children wont be embarrassed of us because we are fat! You can do it girl!!
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hi! I had a baby a year ago. before that i never had any problems losing weight, and was looking great at 160 lbs. Now i need to lose 45lbs to get back there. I have cut out so many foods, been exercising with Jillian Michaels, and nothing. i'm hoping the foods i'm eating have too many calories, and this system will help me out. my doctor told me "exercising is not worth it" and told me to joing weight watchers because weighing in with a person will encourage me to eat healthy. i already do that with my fiance, and there is NOTHING worse than that especially when he is super thin!! honestly, i just miss feeling confident in myself, and feeling comfortable in my clothes, jeans are so uncomfortable when you're a fatty.

totally with you on the jeans thing. i can't wait till I can wear mine for longer than a couple of hours without wanting to rip them off! It may just be the types of foods your eating. Alot of people struggle with that. They will eat the amount of foods they need but not balance them out well enough.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Many people have made it using this site, exercise works if you eat right..
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    MFP has done an insanely great job of opening my eyes to what's really in what I've been eating. The biggest surprise to me hasn't been calories, but sodium. Yeesh!

Track faithfully ... do all the right stuff (and avoid the wrong stuff) ... and you'll get there. No hoping, wishing, or luck needed. It's all about doing ... or NOT doing, as the case may be. :)
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    exercising not worth it? get a different doctor.