Is anyone in fitness competitions???

Options
Are there any women who are in or training for a fitness competition? I was interested in what it all takes. What do you eat? How much do you excersise and what types? Strength? Cardio?

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 1st bikini competition in November. I actually eat more now than before, especially protein and carbs and less on the fat. I exercise 6 days a week, typically, alternating strength with cardio days and one with a trainer, which is usually a combo day. I do legs, abs, arms, shoulders, back.
  • EvieDiNova
    Options
    A friend at the gym just won her first bikini contest in July up in Westchester, New York, Tarrytown. She worked out 6 days a week. She is a vegan and did not have too much weight to lose. In 12 weeks she lost 10 pounds and gained muscle. She told me that the last week before the contest she was down to 700 calories a day. After she won there was not a chocolate bunny to be found from New York to Pennsylvania. She is going to compete in Boston in October. Talk to a trainer to help you with a diet and exercise program. Good Luck. :)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    A friend at the gym just won her first bikini contest in July up in Westchester, New York, Tarrytown. She worked out 6 days a week. She is a vegan and did not have too much weight to lose. In 12 weeks she lost 10 pounds and gained muscle. She told me that the last week before the contest she was down to 700 calories a day. After she won there was not a chocolate bunny to be found from New York to Pennsylvania. She is going to compete in Boston in October. Talk to a trainer to help you with a diet and exercise program. Good Luck. :)

holy crpa, down to 700 calories a day?!? Wow! I know I have cut out fat and will cut alcohol regardless if the nutriitionist tells me to or not in the next few days, but 700 calories?!? I'm at about 1800 right now. But, we'll see how that changes as it gets closer.
  • RachelH25
    RachelH25 Posts: 108
    Options
    Its hard because my husband is not supportive at all and I usually can only fit in 30mins of exercise in at a time with my son around.