I may look fine (except for cellulite and some belly rolls)...

Options
meeness
meeness Posts: 1 Member
...But I'm seriously out of shape.

I can't run more than 2 minutes stright. Just can't.

I can't do a single push-up. It's mission impossible to me.

After 20 sit-ups my abs are burning and I'm out of breath. Seriously no joke.

I just want to do something with taht. Help!

Replies

• Aveseves
    Aveseves Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you work out daily? Gotta start somewhere and then keep increasing to build endurance
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I used to not be able to run for more than a block. I built my way up to a half marathon.....then ALMOST a marathon (darn stress fractures). But do you LIKE to run?
    Do you LIKE pushups/calisthenics? If not why do them? Find something you enjoy. Dance...swimming...yoga...pilates. Make a list of things that interest you and then look for a way to start.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Good advice. ^ And remember, everyone started where you are now. Just start slow and build your way up. Follow a program. If you want to run, try Couch 2 5K. If you want to be able to do push-ups, try something like You Are Your Own Gym. Or start off even smaller. I started off just doing a 7min workout app.

And I agree, you'll have the best success if you find something you enjoy.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Everyone starts somewhere. At the start of 2015 I couldn't even bench 135 and had never done a barbell squat or deadlift but my recent maxes were 265, 365, and 385 and could be better if I haven't dealt with some injuries over that span and been a little more consistent over the past 7 months.

This article includes a good push-up progression section: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/proper-push-up/#train_for_push_up

For running try Couch-to-5K. My wife had great success with that easing back into running since our son was born in December; the three of us will be doing a 5K tomorrow morning (son in his stroller, of course).

Literally don't try to sprint before you can jog; it's all about progression and trying to do more than what you could do previously. It's easy to compare yourself to where others are in their progression but you have to walk your own path. I saw a social media post just this morning that I think could be applicable "don't let the internet rush you, no one is out here posting about their failures."
  • Hello1253
    Hello1253 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for feiends to help motivate me
  • carbs2123
    carbs2123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new as well. Well 20 days in and down 7 lbs. I have been trying to add friends and the button doesn’t seem to want to cooperate lol. feel free to add me as well
  • LeanMeanBusinessMachine
    Options
    I know what you mean and even though I'm pretty fit now, I still can't run for more than 2 minutes without feeling totally defeated. Weightlifting was the way to go for me, and I love it