Hi, I'm 5'1 and my CW is 167

Options
It feels really good to put those numbers out there! I was recommended to use My Fitness Pal by a friend. I am really excited to see every ones success stories and share mine as well (hopefully!). Lately, I have been really depressed about my current weight but I used to be a healthy 120 for my height. Of course this was when I was 16, am now 20 and for some reason my metabolism just gave up. My fiance loves me the way I am and says I look great but I know there's no way 167 for a small frame and a height of 5'1 can be healthy. I really would like to add friends who are my height and learn how they trying to reach their goal weight. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to post my journey here and share ideas.

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and working on getting me weight under control as well... feel free to add me!! ;)
  • oceanlvr9495
    Options
    i am 5'2 would love to help you!!! :)
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'1" and my CW 168. Feel free to add me :)
  • hkopacz
    hkopacz Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather, welcome and best of luck! There is a lot of support and great ideas here. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me! I am also 5'1. I started MFP in May at my highest weight ever - 178. I am currently down to 155 and my goal weight is 120. I was always very thin in high school and even college. And then real life began - lol. Anyway, would love to encourage and motivate each other. Good luck!
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5' and 1/2" and my current weight is 175 (hopefully down a little when I weigh in tomorrow). My goal right now is 140, but when I get there I will like push for 130 or even 125. MFP is a huge help, I'm sure you're going to love it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm 5' even. It takes hard work and patience but a healthy weight is attainable! My husband also doesn't care if I stay and the weight I currently am, but I would like to be healthy before I start a family and 155ish is not healthy!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    im 5'1.5" yes tht .5 is important lol
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and was once that weight....I'm now 146! =)
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and 3/4......I weigh 128 lbs and feel that I am not healthy. I did weigh 130 at the point when I decided to do something about it. I find that being responsible for all the food I put into my mouth by writing a food diary is helping me alot! I didn't realize until I started on this website, how many calories I was actually eating in a day,.....mindlessly!!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My stats when I started this weight loss odyssey on February 2nd of this year:

Height - 4' 6"
    Weight - 170 (or there abouts)
    BMI - 39.6

Measurements: Neck 15, waist 39, hips 47

When I started I was unemployed and worked out at least 3-4 times a week, and if I didn't work out, I walked. I have been watching my calories and serving sizes. Not only that but I have pretty much cut out beef, except for a couple times a month. I am eating healthier and eating more turkey, chicken, pork and fish to get my protein. I have also been drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.

I used to have a HUGE butt, a prominent pouch below my belly button, big butt and big rolls on my back.

My current stats as of today:

Employed in a medical office
    Height - 4' 6"
    Weight – 135.6
    BMI – 32.7

Measurements: Neck 13, waist 34, hips 40

This is all thanks to eating healthier, joining this site and exercising.

My exercise routine has since become this:

During the week – 1 20 minute walk during my lunch hour and 30-60 min of Pilates at night after work. For lunch I eat a single “Smart Ones”, “Healthy Choice” or “Lean Cuisine” meal along with munching on either some nuts, fruits or veggies. For desserts if I am craving something sweet I have a 100 calorie snack pack version of cupcakes or cookies.

Weekends - I go to the gym for 60-75 min and do both cardio and weight training.

Since I have lost so much weight I feel soooooo much better. I lost the dark circles under my eyes, and I noticed today that my abdomen is even. No buldging in certain areas. In fact I now look very similar to the way I did as a Freshman in ….. HIGH SCHOOL 15 years ago. I still can't believe that I am just over the half way point to my goal! I was looking at my old pictures and realized I physically look how I did in high school. I also went shopping the other day and bought a shirt by converse which was labelled a size "SMALL"!

I agree with everyone saying that for some reason My fitness pal just works. It is a tool which helps keeps us motivated, and gives us a support system outside of our friends and family. Sometimes we need the support from people who we may never meet but are in the same boat. I have actually been able to get 2 of my coworkers to join My Fitness Pal.

For anyone who needs help or tip here's the link to my blog where you can find all the tricks and tips as well as some good recipes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640

Anyway I just wanted to say Thank You to all of my MFP friends for the advice, motivation and support.

Here's my before and after picture:

TheNewMe.jpg
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and weigh 167 pounds so of course your post caught my eye. I just lost 29 pounds so you can only imagine how horrible my small frame looked in the 190's. I'm glad to know you are using MFP. It's a wonderful tool and will help you as long as you stick with it. Feel free to add me.
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    im 5'1.5" yes tht .5 is important lol
    LMAO I wish I had the .5" I am only 5'1" and I have always been thin but after having three kids and antidepressants life caught up with me. I lost the weight after my oldest daughter who is now almost 16 years old and ten years after she was born I had two more kids in a row in my early thirties and that is when it all went downhill from there. LOL I climbed up to 195 and lost 15 lbs. before I joined here and then when I joined here I have since lost another 15 totalling 30 lbs. gone so far! I am currently at 164 lbs. and hope to at least get to 108-110 lbs. my comfortable weight. Before I had my oldest I was between 98lbs. and 101lbs. I don't want to be that low anymore I rather build muscle and be healthy. Anyhoo, I would love to help you and truly understand how hard it is to be petite and gain so much weight cuz it shows the weight all that much more than on tall girls! Good luck and we can do this slowly but surely! <3
  • klyamoor
    Options
    I know how you feel. My stats when I started this weight loss odyssey on February 2nd of this year:

Height - 4' 6"
    BMI - 39.6

When I started I was unemployed and worked out at least 3-4 times a week, and if I didn't work out, I walked. I have been watching my calories and serving sizes. Not only that but I have pretty much cut out beef, except for a couple times a month. I am eating healthier and eating more turkey, chicken, pork and fish to get my protein. I have also been drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.

I used to have a HUGE butt, a prominent pouch below my belly button, big butt and big rolls on my back.

Height - 4' 6"
    Weight – 135.6
    BMI – 32.7

During the week – 1 20 minute walk during my lunch hour and 30-60 min of Pilates at night after work. For lunch I eat a single “Smart Ones”, “Healthy Choice” or “Lean Cuisine” meal along with munching on either some nuts, fruits or veggies. For desserts if I am craving something sweet I have a 100 calorie snack pack version of cupcakes or cookies.

Weekends - I go to the gym for 60-75 min and do both cardio and weight training.

Since I have lost so much weight I feel soooooo much better. I lost the dark circles under my eyes, and I noticed today that my abdomen is even. No buldging in certain areas. In fact I now look very similar to the way I did as a Freshman in ….. HIGH SCHOOL 15 years ago. I still can't believe that I am just over the half way point to my goal! I was looking at my old pictures and realized I physically look how I did in high school. I also went shopping the other day and bought a shirt by converse which was labelled a size "SMALL"!

I agree with everyone saying that for some reason My fitness pal just works. It is a tool which helps keeps us motivated, and gives us a support system outside of our friends and family. Sometimes we need the support from people who we may never meet but are in the same boat. I have actually been able to get 2 of my coworkers to join My Fitness Pal.

For anyone who needs help or tip here's the link to my blog where you can find all the tricks and tips as well as some good recipes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640

Anyway I just wanted to say Thank You to all of my MFP friends for the advice, motivation and support.

TheNewMe.jpg

Wow you look really good! It's odd that you mentioned dark circles around the eyes because I have the same thing and it's been driving me crazy. Thanks for all the advice =)
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and weigh 167 pounds so of course your post caught my eye. I just lost 29 pounds so you can only imagine how horrible my small frame looked in the 190's. I'm glad to know you are using MFP. It's a wonderful tool and will help you as long as you stick with it. Feel free to add me.
    Your CW and weight loss and height is almost the same as mine! I am 5'1" was 195 and am at 164 now! ;)
  • MiladyMetal
    Options

Height - 4' 6"
    BMI - 39.6

Height - 4' 6"
    Weight – 135.6
    BMI – 32.7

TheNewMe.jpg

Wow you look really good! It's odd that you mentioned dark circles around the eyes because I have the same thing and it's been driving me crazy. Thanks for all the advice =)
    You look great hun! awesome job!!
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and was once that weight....I'm now 146! =)
    I love those scriptures you chose in your tag! ;)
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I already sent you a friend request. It's a day to day thing. I started January in 173lbs and am now down to 128lbs. I met my goal but kind of want to go a bit further. I am happy with the way I look but I don't know just trying to figure it all. Current measurements neck 12 waist 27 hips 35. Proud of everybody and as long as your happy then it's all good.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" as well.... and my starting weight was 185. :sick:

.... I am also looking to add more "short friends" that understand what I'm going through! lol...

It's hard enough to find clothes being so short.. let alone being chunky and short.

I've managed to get down to 150lbs.. it's not easy.... but I'm trying!!! My goal is 120-125.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I already sent you a friend request. It's a day to day thing. I started January in 173lbs and am now down to 128lbs. I met my goal but kind of want to go a bit further. I am happy with the way I look but I don't know just trying to figure it all. Current measurements neck 12 waist 27 hips 35. Proud of everybody and as long as your happy then it's all good.

Oh wow, those are awesome numbers. I "started" in January but like every other time, I gave up for a few months at a time. Got back in the game around early May.... And here I am!

Seeing your progress is just a reminder to never quit.. Who knows where I could be now if I just kept it going?!